Technical Consultant (Job Level TC 2/3)
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to makeshift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4.5+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora is looking for Technical Consultant(s) to join our Center of Excellence team to help Zuora customers embark on their subscription economy journey. The candidate will have an opportunity to develop his/her analytical, product, and technical skills needed around the Zuora Platform, Quote-to-Recognition (CPQ, Orders, Billings, Payments, and Finance) domain.
- Design and develop platform/product extensions, as per Zuora SAAS delivery methodology, that meets the additional functionality specified by the Client
- Liaise with Zuora Solution Architect in guiding the Customer and Partners to develop certain type of platform extensions
- Develops the knowledge of the programming stack needed for moderate to complex projects
- Writes unit tests per industry and Zuora/Client standards and Unit Tests all code before delivering to the Client with the help of Solution Architect or Senior Resource in the Project
- Learn the skills required to translate business problems into technical solutions as per Zuora product roadmap
- Demonstrate proficiency by consistently delivering technical solutions as per project delivery timeline
- Proactively and independently develops additional technical skills (i.e. learn new programming languages), or as needed for projects and/or Zuora products
- Communicates (verbal and written) professionally and in the correct business form with team members and clients
- Pro-actively communicates with project team members with regards to events that might impact the timely delivery of assignments and competing project assignments
- Able to effectively communicate with their Project Manager and team members to find solutions that minimize impacts to project schedules
- Complete Zuora technical Certifications as per Center of Excellence guidelines
- Contribute to community whitepapers to enhance Zuora’s products and services
- Concurrently work with multiple customers, adjust to changes in priorities, and respond quickly and effectively
- Manage ambiguity and changing requirements
- Manage self and team members of project by providing technical guidance to them
- Contribute to the internal organizational initiatives and be a role model for the team
- Able to find opportunities to take initiatives that will benefit the team and the company as a whole for the improvements
Required Experience and skills
Education & Essential Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent
- 2 to 8 years of relevant experience in advanced Programming development or Software Consulting
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming, Software Analysis & Design, Test driven development
- Working knowledge of one or more current programming languages such as JAVA, Salesforce, Python,Ruby, API’s, SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle Database
- Good understanding of concepts related to SAAS and Cloud Computing
- Knowledge of programming with SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML, JSON, HTML, CSS.
- SQL Scripting knowledge to be able to query data, create complex joins, and reformat existing tables
- Basic programming in Powershell, Bash, or other scripting language to automate tasks and troubleshoot existing tools.
- Understanding of RDBMS concepts, DML and DDL operations.
- Expert in writing Technical Design Documents for complex requirements
- Ability to independently perform use case validation on developed extensions
- Familiarity in Agile Development methodologies.
- Consulting skills to be able to work with clients, troubleshoot their data, and assist them in fixing the data
- Knowledge of Order to Cash or Finance business processes
Additional or Optional Skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Apex Programming will be an added advantage
- Salesforce Platform Developer I/II or Salesforce CPQ Specialist certification will be a great advantage
- Java Certified Professional Developer (Professional Java Certification) would be preferred
- Ability to communicate product functionalities in business language to end users
- Ability to understand business functional areas & product issues
- Customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating & resolving problems
- Strong oral & written communication skills