Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, and Tokyo.
The Technical Support Engineer is tasked with providing front-line support and solutions to issues reported by customers for Zuora products. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong technical background, is a detailed documenter, and a masterful troubleshooter. In today’s ever-changing social landscape, we need someone who’s up to date on the latest and greatest web tools and platforms, able to troubleshoot basic software applications, and is an excellent communicator via email or over the phone.
Our vision is simple, to provide all customers just-in-time solutions empowering them to operate and grow their subscription business.
- You will be challenged on a daily basis to understand our customers’ use cases and provide the best solutions – the learning will never stop!
- We offer continuous career development and knowledge training.
- Our management team grows and motivates individuals through coaching and mentoring, creating a rewarding and challenging work atmosphere.
Come join our subscription revolution
What would you do all day?
- Ensure an optimal level of customer services.
- Analyze, track and resolve customer issues in a prompt manner to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Prioritize based on severity and customer impact.
- Handle sensitive escalation issues and conflicting/competing priorities.
- Maintain product knowledge of new functionality and compliance changes.
- Monitor and manage application and back-end batch processes to ensure application uptime requirements and SLA compliance.
- Document solutions into Community articles, leveraging both configuration, customization, and integration.
- Participate in 24/7 global coverage plan, including weekend on-call and holiday coverage.
It's essential that you have…
- BE/BSc/MSc (or equivalent) in a related discipline
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years of proven success in enterprise application support and customer service (experience with SaaS would be awesome!)
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, yet able to account for their activity.
- Be a creative, driven, and assertive Team Member always looking for ways to drive improved service and greater operational efficiencies and performance.
- Ability to work in a globally distributed team environment, liaising with on-site teams and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, multi-tasking development environment.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter. Proven results uncovering solutions that meet or exceed customer needs.
- A particular desire to continually study new technologies and functionality, as well as be involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies.
- Strong communication skills. Able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience.
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend a point of view to a variety of audiences.
- Hands-on Experience in configuration and customization using SFDC Integration knowledge with Salesforce.com components such as Visual Force, API’s, APEX Web Services, Apex Callouts, outbound messaging, SSO, and data loaders or similar experience with Java object programming.
- Understanding of the configuration of SFDC and portals including but not limited to developing custom objects, work-flow business rules, and validation rules.
- Experience working in/supporting RDBMS platforms such as MySQL and MSSQL – must know how to run and understand SQL queries in a relational database system
It would be really nice if you had…
- Experience supporting payment, billing, or tax applications. Knowledge of payment gateway such as PayPal, Stripe, CyberSource, etc.