As retailers struggle with competitive advantage, prices pulled to the bottom, and disruption coming from every direction, they are starting to jump onto the Subscription Economy bandwagon to find new growth platforms. Given the outstanding results and outcomes subscriptions can drive, especially in terms of customer loyalty, it is no surprise that more than 50% of paid membership offerings were launched during the pandemic.
This Whitepaper Provides a Unique Analysis of:
• 15 retailers’ memberships offers, e.g. from Walmart, Hy-Vee, Monoprix, Carrefour, Or Fairprice
• 5 similarities between these offerings
• 5 categories of differentiating services
• 3 complementing strategic plays beyond paid memberships that retailers can leverage to further differentiate themselves
• Strengths, limits, and foreseeable moves within the retail sector