Zuora customers receive extended refund management capabilities, visibility into refunds via salesforce.com, and additional support for UK Direct Debit payments in February ’13 release
Redwood City, CA – February 22, 2013
- Zuora, the subscription commerce, billing, and finance leader today announced the immediate availability of enhanced capabilities to automate and manage payment exception processes on the Z-Business platform. In its 47th monthly product release, Zuora delivered greater visibility into the payment refunds within salesforce.com and improved automation of the entire refund process.
- Zuora’s customers automatically received these enhancements with no negative impact to their existing configurations and customizations. This is only possible with the modern, multi-tenant SaaS architecture found in Zuora’s Z-Business platform.
Simplifying Payment Refund Processes
- Zuora released several new payment refund capabilities that build on the January ‘13 release, which enabled customers to use refund reason codes. New capabilities include:
- the ability to send email notifications automatically when payment refunds or credit balance refunds are processed, and
- the ability to generate automated API calls to external systems when payment refunds or credit balance refunds are processed. This capability enables merchants to trigger processes and workflow in external systems that are impacted by refunds.
Refunds Visibility in Z-Force
- Z-Force customers already enjoy the benefits of seeing Zuora subscription billing and payment information in salesforce.com.
- With the February ‘13 release, customers now have visibility into refunds in salesforce.com. This gives front office teams such as sales and customer support a more complete picture of all billing and collections activity associated with any account in salesforce.
Clicks, Not Code: Enabling UK Direct Debit Payments via the Web
- Zuora provides point-and-click tools for users to generate PCI compliant payment method capture iFrames that can be embedded in e-commerce sites.
- With this release, Zuora is adding UK direct debit as an additional payment option for user-configured self-service iFrames. This is in addition to the existing capabilities Zuora offers for accepting UK direct debit payments through the Zuora API and the Zuora user interface.
All of Zuora’s hundreds of customers automatically received this product update with no negative impact to existing configurations and customizations. This is only possible with the modern, multi-tenant SaaS architecture found in Zuora’s Z-Business platform. Customers can read about the details of the February ‘13 release at https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/B_New_Features
- “As a business that relies on processing a large volume of electronic payments in an automated fashion, we place a high value on the ability control payment exception workflows.” said Steve Woda, CEO of UKnow.com. “The features included in Zuora’s Febrary ’13 release will allow us to better to automate our payment exception processes and give our front office staff valuable insights into refund activity.”
- “SaaS companies that accept electronic payments need to ensure that the full payment lifecycle is handled in an efficient manner.” said Jeremy Malander, Director of Customer Success at Blue Jeans Network. “With the new features included Zuora’s February ‘13 release, Zuora continues to ensure that payment exceptions that might have a direct impact on customer success are handled gracefully. ”
- “Subscription companies understand the complexity that is involved in managing the refund process, especially as their services portfolios expand. Attempting to build a custom solution that addresses all of the aspects of refunds is too difficult and presents too much risk to rapidly growing subscription companies,” said Marc Aronson, SVP of Engineering. “Zuora is committed to constantly adding new innovations that help its customers stay one step ahead of their requirements, and the February ’13 release enhances the leading subscription billing, commerce and finance solution in the industry.”
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in Relationship Business Management solutions. Zuora delivers the subscription billing, commerce and finance capabilities that have become the industry standard to help companies transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprises and emerging companies alike use Zuora’s multi-tenant cloud solution to enable growth strategies, to streamline key processes and to provide visibility into the metrics that matter most in the Subscription Economy. Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box, DocuSign, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.