Zuora now connects front office CRM, subscription billing and ERP/Financials for the first time as the industry standard for lead-to-cash-to-renewals
Zuora Z-NetSuite is the most complete subscription commerce solution for NetSuite’s customer and partner ecosystem
Redwood Shores, CA — May 11, 2011
- Zuora, the subscription billing and commerce leader, today announced Zuora Z-NetSuite, a new solution for NetSuite customers and partners that integrates Zuora’s Z-Commerce platform with NetSuite ERP/Financials, addressing the need for subscription businesses to seamlessly integrate subscription management and billing with order management, accounting, general ledger and customer activities.
- Zuora is a preferred partner of NetSuite for subscription- and usage-based businesses in software and SaaS, media and communications, and online services. Joint customers include Rearden Commerce, Lytx, Ooyala, SnagAJob.com, and Learning.com.
Pre-Built Integration to Power End-to-End Subscription Commerce
- The introduction of Z-NetSuite means subscription businesses can use Zuora to integrate mixed cloud application environments, including cloud CRM for sales, marketing and service; Zuora Z-Commerce for subscription management and billing; and NetSuite ERP/Financials for order management, finance and accounting.
- Until now, subscription businesses have not had an integrated IT solution to address the most critical elements of their operations. First generation subscription businesses quickly realized that traditional, on-premise ERP solutions were not designed to support subscription-based processes because of the differences in pricing, recurring customer relationships, frequency of subscription changes, and new metrics, causing many to build their mission critical billing systems from scratch to handle subscriptions.
- Today, subscription businesses are standardizing on cloud solutions as this approach gives companies the flexibility to have the breadth of functionality required to run their business. But cloud solutions are not designed to interoperate out of the box and subscription businesses have had to rely on third parties for integration.
- With the introduction of Z-NetSuite, subscription businesses can finally complete the most important end-to-end business process — from leads to cash to renewals — by enabling pre-packaged integration between Zuora and NetSuite ERP/Financials. In heterogeneous cloud application environments, Zuora customers can use Z-Force, Zuora’s solution for Salesforce CRM, and now, Z-NetSuite, Zuora’s solution for NetSuite ERP/Financials, in tandem for seamless subscription commerce. Zuora’s solutions enable rapid, pre-configured integration without significant resource commitments, with most deployments requiring a single day.
NetSuite Customers and Partners Can Now Automate the Entire Subscription Lifecycle
- Z-NetSuite combines Zuora’s award-winning subscription billing capabilities with NetSuite’s award-winning ERP/Financials solution with productized, bi-directional integration across every core application module to seamlessly combine the two applications, including:
- Advanced Pricing Configuration: Configure any type of subscription pricing, packages and bundles — including one-time, recurring, usage and metering charges, volume tier pricing, and overage pricing — to link Zuora’s Product Catalog and NetSuite’s Item Master. For example, simple or complex subscription pricing can be configured in Zuora, such as a cellular phone plan or a data plan with usage, and synchronized to NetSuite.
- Customer Account Mirroring: Synchronize Customer Accounts, Billing Accounts and any customer account hierarchies to provide a single view of all customers whether the data is in Zuora or NetSuite. For example, an address change in Zuora is synchronized with the corresponding account address in NetSuite and vice versa.
- Automated Sales Order-to-Subscription Workflow: Automate the order / fulfillment process by linking NetSuite’s Sales Order functionality with Zuora’s Subscription module. This includes passing subscription details such as products, rate plans and time variables including billing frequency, trigger conditions and billing dates when creating the Zuora Subscription. For example, a Sales Order is fulfilled in NetSuite and then a corresponding subscription is created in Zuora without ever having to log out of NetSuite.
- Bi-Directional Payment Operations: Manage the Invoice to Cash process in either Zuora or NetSuite with the two-way integration of Zuora Payment Operations with NetSuite’s Accounts Receivable module. For example, a customer is issued a refund in Zuora when a subscription is cancelled and the refund is applied to the appropriate payment in NetSuite.
- Revenue Recognition Integration: Manage revenue recognition by mapping Zuora’s subscription details, including revenue recognition codes, trigger conditions, revenue start dates and revenue end dates to NetSuite’s revenue recognition templates.
- Subscription Metrics: Drive key business decisions by using Zuora’s industry leading subscription metrics, such as Contracted Monthly Recurring Revenue, Total Contract Value, Renewal Rate and Churn.
- NetSuite customers can leverage NetSuite’s industry leading cloud ERP/Financials solution in mixed cloud application environments, including using Zuora’s Z-Force solution which seamlessly connects Salesforce CRM and Zuora’s subscription commerce platform.
Zuora-NetSuite Customers Embrace Z-NetSuite
- “Using NetSuite and Zuora in tandem has already enabled us to move very rapidly and meet the growing requirements of our customers and give us the flexibility to meet their changing needs,” said Bryan Morris, VP Finance at Ooyala. “By closing the gap with Salesforce CRM and NetSuite Financials, Zuora is enabling a fully integrated cloud solution for our subscription business.”
- “We need flexibility and integration between our systems so we can focus on growing our talent management solutions in light of a recovering economy rather than spend precious resources on building and maintaining internal systems,” said Amanda Richardson, SVP of Product at Snagajob. “Zuora for NetSuite is a great development for us to ensure that we can quickly and accurately record revenue and manage a growing set of employer subscriptions.”
- “As a NetSuite and Zuora customer, we are very excited about the opportunities the integrated solution provides for us,” said Sue Greenway, vice president at Lytx. “Zuora recognizes that subscription businesses require an entirely new solution to monetize cloud-based solutions. Z- NetSuite was that missing piece in enabling an end-to-end solution for us, and it addresses a critical need to enable cloud businesses to reach their full potential.”
Commentary on the News
- “Z-NetSuite completes a best-of-breed triple play by enabling integrated end-to-end business processes between Salesforce CRM, NetSuite Financials and Zuora Subscription Billing and Payments,” said Denis Pombriant, principal analyst of Beagle Research. “By delivering integrated solutions for both Salesforce CRM and NetSuite Financials, Zuora is enabling subscription businesses to tap into a seamless solution to simplify the entire subscription commerce lifecycle.”
- “Zuora’s vision is that best-of-breed solutions, that are critical to the success of subscription businesses, should work together seamlessly and not burden the user with the integration effort,” said Luke Braud, Vice President of Products and Engineering at Zuora. “Z-NetSuite has been uniquely designed with our customers and leveraging our deep NetSuite expertise to give NetSuite customers productized integration for the most complete subscription commerce solution available today.”
- “Many companies operating in the Subscription Economy are seeking best of breed solutions from today’s cloud leaders. Through our many customers, we are seeing a pattern emerge where subscription businesses are seeking the combination of Zuora, Salesforce CRM and NetSuite ERP/Financials,” said Tien Tzuo, CEO at Zuora. “Z-NetSuite is the missing piece giving subscription business the complete solution from lead-to-cash-to-renewals so they can focus on building new products and revenue growth, instead of building and maintaining complex integrations.”
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora’s subscription billing and commerce platform changes the way subscription businesses manage and sell to customers, allowing them to bring new products to market in less time, with more flexibility and less hassle. Zuora customers are up and running within 90 days and often recognize 200% ROI within weeks. Zuora is built from the ground up by SaaS industry visionaries and veterans from salesforce.com, WebEx, Accenture, Google, eBay, Oracle and Vitria. Zuora customers include Reed Business Information, InsideView, Marketo, Ricoh, Box.net, Ning, Ustream, Informatica, Barrett Xplore and Open Range. To learn more about Zuora, please visit zuorainternprd.wpengine.com.
NetSuite, the NetSuite logo, SuiteBundler, SuiteCloud, Suitelets and SuiteScript are service-marks or trademarks of NetSuite Inc.