Subscribed is the World’s Premiere Conference for Leaders of the Subscription Economy
San Mateo, Calif. – May 13, 2019 – Zuora, Inc. (NYSE: ZUO), the leading cloud-based subscription management platform provider, today announced its Subscribed™ event, held in San Francisco on June 4-5, 2019 at the Marriott Marquis, for companies striving to succeed amidst the most disruptive business-model shift in a century. This year’s event will give attendees a unique experience with exclusive access to executives from WeWork, Pandora, Fender and Unity Technologies.
For the last decade, the Zuora® brand has become synonymous with the Subscription Economy®. And at the heart of this transformational business model shift to subscriptions lies the Subscribed community, comprised of a global group of companies formed by visionaries that see the massive shift disrupting nearly every industry in the world and want to share and learn from others.
“The Subscription Economy is driving the most disruptive business model transformation of our time which is leading to an end of ownership and the rise of usership,” said Tien Tzuo, CEO and Founder of Zuora. “And just when you thought things couldn’t change anymore, it’s time to think again. This year, we’ll look toward the future of the Subscription Economy and the massive growth opportunity it provides companies across all industries.
According to the Subscription Economy Index™ (SEI), Zuora’s proprietary index tracking the growth of the Subscription Economy, subscription revenue growth rates have continued to accelerate every year since 2012. Those looking to capitalize on this trend, and to learn how to develop and nurture lasting customer relationships, will convene at the Subscribed conference.
Attendees will hear from featured keynote speakers such as Julie Rice, Co-founder of SoulCycle and Chief Brand Officer of WeWork – with Andrew Nusca, Editor of Fortune Magazine – and Tim Westergren, Founder of Pandora and Co-creator of the Music Genome Project.
Subscribed will also feature main stage discussions and break out sessions led by visionaries, disruptors and industry leaders representing every type of enterprise, from native subscription businesses to iconic Fortune 500 companies that are successfully embracing the shift to a subscription business model. Conference topics will include:
- What’s Next for the Subscription Economy, from Tien Tzuo, Founder and CEO of Zuora and author of the National best-selling book “SUBSCRIBED: Why the Subscription Model Will be Your Company’s Future – and What to Do About It.”
- The Rise of Usership panel, with Brian Hoyt, CIO of Unity Technologies; Megan Murray, CFO of eMoney Advisor; and Ethan Kaplan, GM of Fender Digital. Moderated by Ray Wang, Founder of Constellation Research.
- The Subscribed Institute, an invite-only event hosted by Amy Konary, VP Customer Business Innovation of Zuora, with McKinsey and Interbrand to learn more about the Subscription Business Maturity Model.
- The Zuora Platform, from SVP Product Tom Krackeler, to learn how Zuora empowers businesses to modernize legacy order-to-revenue systems with a new architecture designed to orchestrate and automate the entire lifecycle of subscribers.
- CFO and CIO Exchanges, lead by Alvina Antar, CIO of Zuora, and Tyler Sloat, CFO of Zuora to bring together these C-level executives who have transformed their companies with recurring revenue business models and want to have authentic conversations about real issues unique to subscription businesses.
- Subscribe to Inclusion, with Tony Prophet, Chief Equality Officer at Salesforce; Julian Guthrie, journalist and author of Alpha Girls; Cindy Owyoung, VP Diversity and Inclusion at Charles Schwab; Lauren Aguilar, Diversity and Inclusion Partner at Forshay.
- Breakout and Hands-on Training Sessions to learn about new features and how you can apply them in your role whether you are in Operations, Billing & AR, Revenue, Accounting, FP&A or IT.
In addition to the Subscribed conference in San Francisco, where the Subscribed community convenes annually, the festivities and opportunities will continue throughout the year with regional, single-day Subscribed events and the Subscribed Institute. Past events have been held all over the world, from Boston to London, Munich, New York, Paris, Stockholm, Sydney, Auckland, Singapore, Tel Aviv and Tokyo.
Register here to attend the Subscribed series of events all year long and to learn more about the future of the global Subscription Economy. In addition to these events, the Zuora Subscribed community includes Zuora’s award-winning Subscribed Magazine, the Subscribed Weekly newsletter, the Subscribed podcast, Zuora University training courses, the Zuora Online Community and the Zuora Connect app marketplace.
Past speakers and attendees who recommend Subscribed, include:
Eric Yuan, CEO of Zoom Video Communications: “The Subscribed conference was so helpful and informative. I really valued all the learnings and networking that came out of the show.”
Jason Lemkin, Founder of Saastr: “Subscribed since Day 1 has been focused on the cutting edge of where subscriptions meet business process change. If you want to be a part of the future — and not the past — you need to be at Subscribed!”
Scott Painter, Founder and CEO of Fair: “Thank you to Subscribed for inviting me to last year’s conference for an important discussion about the transformative power of subscriptions. The talks offered many key take-aways I’ve found useful as me and my team build Fair into a game-changing payments company in the mobility space.”
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in the Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA and APAC. To learn more about the Zuora platform, please visit zuorainternprd.wpengine.com.
© 2019 Zuora, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Zuora, Subscribed, Subscription Economy, Powering the Subscription Economy, and Subscription Economy Index are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zuora, Inc. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others. Nothing in this press release should be construed to the contrary, or as an approval, endorsement or sponsorship by any third parties of Zuora, Inc. or any aspect of this press release.