One-of-a-kind thought leadership forum to feature speakers from Bloomberg, General Motors, MoviePass, TheStreet, Zoom Video Communications and more
San Mateo, Calif. – June 1, 2018 – Zuora, Inc. (NYSE: ZUO), the leading cloud-based subscription management platform provider, today announced Subscribed™, the highly anticipated conference, June 5-6, 2018 at the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco, for companies striving to thrive amidst the most disruptive business-model shift in a century.
According to the Subscription Economy Index™ (SEI), Zuora’s proprietary index tracking the growth of the Subscription Economy®, subscription revenue growth rates have continued to accelerate every year since 2012. Those looking to capitalize on this trend, and to learn how to develop and nurture lasting customer relationships, will convene at Zuora® Subscribed. There, attendees will get a sneak preview of the latest SEI results.
Subscribed will feature guest keynote speakers and mainstage panels including:
- What’s Next for the Subscription Economy, with Tien Tzuo, Founder and CEO of Zuora, and author of the forthcoming book SUBSCRIBED
- Flipping the Script on Hollywood, Twice, with Mitch Lowe, CEO of MoviePass
- The End of Car Ownership, moderated by Tim Higgins, Reporter for The Wall Street Journal, featuring Andre Haddad, CEO of Turo; Chris Donus, COO of Silvercar; Scott Painter, CEO and Founder of Fair
- Zuora Product Keynote, hosted by Tom Krackeler, SVP Product of Zuora, and featuring Eric Yuan, Founder and CEO of Zoom
- Subscribed Executive Dialogue, moderated by Zuora VP Amy Konary, Founder of the Subscribed Institute, and featuring Margaret De Luna, President of TheStreet; Thomas Austin, VP Corporate Finance of Dell EMC; and Lee Caswell, VP Products of VMware
Subscribed is more than just a conference. It’s a movement formed by a rapidly growing community of visionaries that see the massive shift disrupting nearly every industry in the world and want to share and learn from others. In addition to the Subscribed conference in San Francisco, where the Subscribed community convenes annually, the festivities and opportunities will continue throughout the year with regional, single-day Subscribed events. Past events have been held all over the world from Boston to London, Munich, New York, Paris, Stockholm, Sydney, Auckland, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and Tokyo.
More than 10,000 people attend the Subscribed series of events each year. On June 5th, not only will attendees hear about the next 10 years of the Subscription Economy, Tien Tzuo, the foremost expert on the Subscription Economy, will unveil his definitive playbook for thriving in this new era: “SUBSCRIBED: Why the Subscription Model Will be Your Company’s Future – and What to Do About It” (Portfolio/Penguin Random House).
Additional sessions will be led by visionaries, disruptors and industry leaders representing every type of enterprise, from native subscription businesses to iconic Fortune 500 companies that are successfully embracing the shift to a subscription business model. Conference attendees will hear from Zuora Founder and CEO Tien Tzuo, as well as executives from Amazon Pay, General Motors, GoGo, Procore, SurveyMonkey, Symantec, and many more.
Additional highlights planned for the San Francisco Subscribed event include:
- Diversity in Tech Breakfast with Emily Chang, Anchor and Executive Producer of Bloomberg Technology and Author of “BROTOPIA: Breaking Up the Boys’ Club of Silicon Valley”; Suzanne McKechnie Klahr, Founder of BUILD; Jennifer Tejada, CEO of PagerDuty; Tariq Meyers, Global Head of Belonging & Inclusion of Coinbase
- The Subscribed Institute, a first annual, invite-only event hosted by Amy Konary, VP Customer Business Innovation of Zuora with Jim DeMercurio, Global Director, Customer Advisor and Billing Services of General Motors; Frank Gillett, VP, Principal Analyst, of Forrester
- The Subscribed Showcase, a virtual subscription experience featuring unique product and service innovations
- A Learners Lounge to network with other Zuora users and receive hands-on guidance from product experts
- A Hackathon experience building apps on our Connect Marketplace
- Breakout tracks focused on thought leadership in billing, FP&A, go-to-market strategies, payments, revenue and accounting, sales and operations, and information technology and what’s coming next from Zuora
- ASC 606 interactive panels and sessions covering insights, emerging interpretations and real-life examples presented by Subscription Economy companies that have made the transition to the new accounting standards
- An invite-only CFO Summit with Zuora CFO Tyler Sloat to discuss market trends, industry benchmarks and financial metrics required to succeed as a SaaS business
- An invite-only CIO Exchange with Zuora CIO Alvina Antar for IT decision makers to discuss creating scalable ecosystems in the Subscription Economy
- The Subscribed Awards, which recognize Subscription Economy Champions in four categories: Supergrower, Innovator, Transformer, Early Adopter and CAO Hero.
Register here to attend the Subscribed series of events all year long and to learn more about the future of the global Subscription Economy. In addition to these events, the Zuora Subscribed community includes Zuora’s award-winning Subscribed Magazine, the Subscribed Weekly newsletter, the Subscribed podcast, Zuora University training courses, the Zuora Online Community and the Zuora Connect app marketplace.
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora® provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 900 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo. To learn more about the Zuora platform, please visit zuorainternprd.wpengine.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including but not limited to statements regarding the expected benefits of Zuora Central, Zuora’s expectations regarding companies shifting to subscription business models, and the anticipated growth and trends in the market for subscription businesses. Any statements that are not statements of historical fact may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied in forward-looking statements due to a number of factors, including but not limited to, risks detailed in the “Risk Factors” section of Zuora’s final prospectus related to the initial public offering filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on April 12, 2018, as well as other documents that Zuora may file from time to time with the SEC. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on current expectations as of the date of this press release and Zuora undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
© 2018 Zuora, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Zuora, Subscribed, Subscription Economy, Powering the Subscription Economy, and Subscription Economy Index are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zuora, Inc. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others. Nothing in this press release should be construed to the contrary, or as an approval, endorsement or sponsorship by any third parties of Zuora, Inc. or any aspect of this press release.