Zuora customers receive significant performance boosts to automated billing processing times as part of 46th monthly product release
Redwood City, CA – January 30, 2012
- Zuora, the subscription commerce, billing and finance leader today announced immediate availability of its January 2013 product release. Zuora kicked off the New Year by delivering bill run performance boosts, enhanced user activity insights and a new configurable refund categorization framework for better refund management.
Enhanced Rating and Billing Engine Performance
- Zuora continues its unparalleled commitment to customer success with ongoing investments in performance and scalability. In the January ’13 release, Zuora made several application and infrastructure improvements to bill run processing times. Customers can expect 30% to 50% improvements, on average, in bill run processing times. Some customers may even see bill run processing time improvements of up to 80%.
Configurable Refund Categorization
- In the Subscription Economy, it is critical for businesses to manage and maintain visibility into the complete payment lifecycle, including the proper handling of subscription refunds. The January ‘13 release adds business context to refunds, enabling customers to tag refunds with specific reason codes.
- The reason codes allow Zuora customers to easily differentiate between the various reasons why refunds occur, especially “offline” exceptions on payments, such as failed ACH/direct debit payments, chargebacks, and disputes. Zuora has made these refund reason codes configurable so subscription businesses can tailor them to their unique reporting and business process requirements.
Enhanced User Activity Insight
- With the January ’13 release, Zuora has made it easier for administrators to rapidly audit login recency for all users within their Zuora tenants, thereby providing greater visibility into user application activity.
Zuora’s customers automatically received these enhancements with no negative impact to their existing configurations and customizations. This is only possible with the modern, multi-tenant SaaS architecture found in Zuora’s Z-Business platform. Customers can read about the details of the January 2013 release here.
- “We’re really excited about Zuora’s improvements to Bill Run execution times. As a business that bills hundreds of thousands of transactions in each bill run, it’s important for Hosting.com to generate invoices rapidly and get paid as quickly as possible” said Rick Moore, VP Finance & Business Operations at Hosting.com. “The latest performance improvements have significantly reduced our scheduled bill run times by over 50%–that’s a huge improvement, and attests to the fact that as our business grows, Zuora continues to scale to accommodate that growth.”
- “Z-Business has proven to be a powerful tool in helping us to build ongoing relationships with our customers,” stated Gray Chynoweth, of Chief Operating Officer at Dyn. “Zuora’s commitment to continuous product innovation on a rapid monthly release cadence allows us to quickly and seamlessly take advantage of new features and stay one step ahead of the competition.”
- “The Subscription Economy is exploding and subscription businesses are looking for ways to make themselves more efficient so they can focus more on pleasing customers and less on billing,” said Marc Aronson, SVP of Engineering at Zuora. “The performance enhancements in the January ’13 release are evidence of Zuora’s commitment to delivering the innovations that drive our customers’ success.”
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in Relationship Business Management solutions. Zuora delivers the subscription billing, commerce and finance capabilities that have become the industry standard to help companies transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprises and emerging companies alike use Zuora’s multi-tenant cloud solution to enable growth strategies, to streamline key processes and to provide visibility into the metrics that matter most in the Subscription Economy. Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box.net, DocuSign, GigaOM, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.