Tata Communications, NCR Corporation, News UK, Box, DocuSign, Emma Inc., CloudBees and MLSListings Honored as Leaders in the Subscription Economy at Subscribed 2013
Foster City,CA – 23 October 2013
- Zuora, the subscription commerce, billing and finance leader, announced the winners of the second annual Zuora Subscribed Innovation awards, which recognize companies of all sizes that have creatively built, scaled and optimized their businesses through the subscription model.
- This year’s honorees include global enterprises and disruptive growth companies alike that have leveraged Zuora to help build better businesses and take advantage of the massive opportunity in the $500 billion Subscription Economy.
- The awards honor companies for innovation in the Subscription Economy, including:
- The Grow Award: Innovation in launching and scaling subscription businesses
- The Flow Award: Innovation in managing complex subscription processes to drive operational efficiencies
- The Know Award: Innovation in using insight to improve subscription business success
- The Subscription Business Innovation Award: Represents excellence in all three areas
2013 AWARDEES BREAK NEW GROUND IN THE SUBSCRIPTION ECONOMY
- Subscription Business Innovation Awards
- NCR Corporation was honored with the Subscription Business Innovation Award in the North American enterprise category for successfully launching NCR Silver, a cutting-edge point of sale (“POS”) solution designed to meet the specific needs of the small business market. NCR Silver returns the 130 year-old company to its small market roots and augments the corporation’s mid-tier to large enterprise global solutions. Amid its swift, concentrated 4-month development period, NCR Silver exhibited a fresh pace of enterprise innovation. Providing a complete marketing and POS solution that runs on Apple iOS mobile devices, NCR Silver is easily customizable, and customers are up and running effectively within minutes. With the launch of NCR Silver, the Fortune 500 organization is poised to move from a hardware-centric business to a leading, progressive SaaS company.
- The enterprise Subscription Business Innovation Award in EMEA went to News UK, which is leading digital innovation in the media industry. News UK has developed some of the most sophisticated apps available, enabling automatically prepared content to appear on numerous devices. Their path to online and the resulting need to build more direct relationships with their customers has led News to take over a lot of functions they previously outsourced, changing their operation and developing new skills and capabilities in the process.
- DocuSign, The Global Standard for eSignature® that helps more than 40 million consumers and businesses send, sign, track, and store documents in the cloud, was also honored with the Subscription Business Innovation Award in the disruptive growth category. The company turned to Zuora with its wide range of customers and expanding set of services and has grown more than 150% year-over-year by streamlining processes. The implementation process with Zuora was seamless and quick, making it easy for DocuSign to continue to grow its business in key verticals, including insurance, financial services, healthcare/biopharma, high tech and real estate, without missing a beat. They leverage Zuora for commerce, billing and finance capabilities.
- In the disruptive growth category, Zuora awarded the Subscription Business Innovation Award at Subscribed Europe to CloudBees. CloudBees offers the first Java Platform as a Service (PaaS). They allow developers to build, run and manage Java applications in the cloud. CloudBees leverages Zuora for a fully automated bill-to-cash process for its no-touch sales, assisted-sales as well as its more traditional enterprise sales model. CloudBees embraces a key value of the Subscription Economy, which is to experiment with pricing and continually review, analyze and improve their pricing schemas to optimize their processes. Not only is the company growing rapidly, operating in Europe and the USA, but it has greatly enhanced customer service and improved customer loyalty through its slick interface and smart automation.
- The Grow Award
- Box, a leader in cloud collaboration, won the Grow Award for leveraging Zuora to help accelerate its growth in the U.S. and abroad. In the midst of a global expansion, Box needs to be able to support international enterprises by handling pricing and packaging in multiple currencies. With Zuora, Box has been able to customize pricing, and easily handle every upsell, add-on, and change order that comes their way. Box grew more than 150 percent last year and is expected to more than double again this year.
- The Flow Award
- Tata Communications is a leading global communications and enterprise IT service provider that owns and operates the world’s most advanced subsea cable network, delivering first class infrastructure, enterprise solutions and partnerships to carriers and businesses worldwide. The company was awarded the Flow Award for Process Innovation following its long-term strategic move to virtualize its customer subscription infrastructure, in collaboration with salesforce.com and Zuora. As a result, business operational efficiencies are improved which, in turn, enhances customer experience when subscribing to new products, including CDN, Telepresence and jamvee™ conferencing.
- MLSListings, provides accurate, timely and actionable real estate information services to brokers, agents and the consuming public. The company won the Flow Award for Process Innovation for leveraging Zuora to address its subscription management challenges. MLSListings introduced a full-service interface which enables internal users to have a 360 degree view of subscribers. The interface also enables automated invoicing and the ability to manage subscribers more effectively. These capabilities have greatly improved processes, resulting in reduced costs and an enhanced subscriber experience.
- The Know Award
- Emma, Inc., a web-based service that enables customers to create, send and track creative email campaigns and surveys, won the Know Award. As Emma Inc. was looking to grow, it deployed Zuora to manage its subscription offerings, which ultimately enabled them to achieve explosive growth through informed decision-making. The Emma finance team has built powerful reports and dashboards to keep the business in the know about how they are doing with new and existing customers. These dashboards highlight data including analysis for different markets and geographic locations, revenue growth, account growth and churn rates. They also have dashboards with relevant metrics for high-value customers.
- “NCR Corporation is pleased to be the recipient of the 2013 Subscription Business Innovation award. With Zuora as a technology partner, NCR Silver delivers on its promise to provide a simple end to end solution that enables entrepreneurs and business owners the opportunity to efficiently manage and grow their businesses,” said Bill Plummer, Director, NCR Corporation. “To succeed in an ever-changing space, we must be able to respond quickly and effectively to the requirements of our customers, as well as shifting business models in the subscription economy. Zuora enables NCR Silver to do just that, and we are honored to receive this innovation award.”
- “With Zuora, Box has a scalable and flexible platform to help us manage subscriptions at a time of incredible expansion and growth,” said Dan Levin, Chief Operating Officer, Box. “Today, Box can easily manage the subscriptions of our growing customer base across different segments, vertical industries and geographies. Whether it’s adding seats to an existing deployment, rolling out a new customer or entering an entirely new country, Zuora keeps it simple and easy to manage.”
- “Zuora has been key in helping DocuSign better understand and serve our growing customer base. DocuSign is pleased to be recognized for the growth in our business and honored to receive the Subscription Business Innovation Award,” said Matt Marquez, Corporate Controller, DocuSign.
- “Emma Inc. has been using Zuora since 2009, and we are pleased to be recognized with this award,” said Patrick Block, Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, Emma, Inc. “We’re continuously impressed by Zuora’s innovation and execution on ideas that help Emma grow and satisfy our customer base.”
- “We are honored to receive this award from Zuora. MLSListings was the first multiple listing service in the United States to launch an integrated version of the Salesforce and Zuora platforms,” said Jeremy Crawford, COO, MLSListings. “The 360 view of our customers has resulted in greatly enhanced service and satisfaction to our subscribers, increased efficiencies, reduced overhead costs, and increased customer retention.”
- “We are delighted to receive this Process Innovation Award from Zuora, which reaffirms our long-term commitment to provide better customers experience through enhanced operational efficiencies,” said Aditya Jayaraman, Head and Sr. Director, CDN Product Management, Tata Communications.
- “Startups, SMBs and multinationals use the same CloudBees cloud services but they want to consume them differently. With Zuora, we were able to efficiently meet these various expectations and scale at the same time, with almost no operational impact,” said Cloudbees Vice President François Déchery.
- “Zuora customers are behind the unstoppable momentum of the Subscription Economy,” said Tien Tzuo, CEO, Zuora. “The Subscribed Innovation award highlights a range of companies, from large enterprises to small, high growth businesses, who are flexing their innovative muscle to emerge as industry leaders in this new business model.”
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in subscription commerce and billing, helping companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies alike use Zuora’s multi-tenant cloud platform to launch, scale, and monetize their subscription services. Zuora’s applications work where traditional ERP applications fail: Subscription pricing, quoting, orders, billing, payments, and renewals. Built from the ground up by SaaS industry veterans from salesforce.com, PayPal, and Netsuite, Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box.net, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com