Leading Cloud-Based eSignature Subscription Service Relies on Zuora to Serve Global Enterprises, Workgroups, and Individual Professionals While Supporting Multiple Business Models Simultaneously and Seamlessly
Redwood Shores, CA – March 27, 2012
- Zuora, the subscription commerce and billing leader, today announced that DocuSign, the global standard for eSignature, has deployed Zuora’s subscription commerce platform to support the entire spectrum of its subscription-based services, from freemium trial services to highly structured annual billing relationships.
- DocuSign supports more than 13 million customers on the DocuSign Global Network, ranging from individual professionals purchasing on a per seat basis online to Fortune 100 companies buying via the DocuSign sales team. The company has experienced lightning-speed growth, more than doubling its user base from 2010-2011. Using Zuora has helped DocuSign build the billing platform needed to support such rapid expansion, with even more growth planned with their continued expansion across global markets.
- Deploying Zuora’s platform has enabled DocuSign to grow its business by introducing new business models and simplifying its operations, all while ensuring the most important thing to any subscription business: a relentless focus on delighting customers.
A Goal of Serving More Customers, Offering More Options
- Like many pioneers in the Subscription Economy, DocuSign had to initially build its own billing system to support its rapidly growing business. The system created limitations in long-term flexibility and scalability. The company turned to Zuora to streamline its billing and support its rapidly growing customer base.
- Through DocuSign’s integration with Salesforce CRM, Zuora’s partner, the implementation process with Zuora was seamless and quick, making it easy for DocuSign to continue to grow its business.
- As a subscription-based business, the customer experience is critical and, with the Zuora platform, DocuSign has been able to both increase customer satisfaction and expand its offerings simultaneously.
- Zuora has also enabled DocuSign to easily roll-out a new service that starts as a freemium product with easy upgrade paths to other models, allowing the company to serve millions of new customers and offer upgrade options that meet the needs of those customers.
- DocuSign initially had to measure churn, monthly accounts, and growth through different systems, but with Zuora, all of that information is consolidated into one place.
- “Relentless focus on the customer experience is the key to any subscription-based company and, with the incredibly wide swath of customers we serve, finding a partner that could meet our billing needs was mission-critical,” said Tom Gonser, founder and Chief Strategy Officer, DocuSign. “Zuora was the clear choice because it understands the importance of the customer experience at DocuSign and has brought new flexibility and scalability to our billing so we are best positioned to delight our customers.”
- “DocuSign’s great success is based on the powerful ways it has innovated how to take one service and tailor it to millions of customers via highly customized plans,” said Shawn Price, President of Zuora. “DocuSign’s global growth demonstrates the amazing scale and personalization of the subscription economy.”
- Learn more at Zuora’s live webinar with DocuSign, Wednesday, March 28th. Register here.
DocuSign® is the global standard for eSignature. DocuSign helps customers decrease transaction times, reduce costs, and enhance customer satisfaction with the easiest, fastest, most secure global network for sending, signing, tracking, and storing documents in the cloud. For more information, visit www.docusign.com or call 1-800-098-8113. Visit the DocuSign blog at www.docusign.com/blog and follow DocuSign on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in subscription commerce and billing, helping companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies alike use Zuora’s multi-tenant cloud platform to launch, scale, and monetize their subscription services. Zuora’s applications help subscription businesses with pricing, quoting, orders, billing, payments, and renewals. Built from the ground up by SaaS industry veterans from Salesforce.com, PayPal, and WebEx, Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box.net, Ning, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.
Reidy Communications for Zuora