The worldwide spread of COVID-19 has had a quick and damaging effect on the global economy. But amidst operational disruptions, supply chain restrictions, and a global recession, some subscription businesses are proving to be resilient, with 47.7% of companies not seeing a significant impact to subscriber acquisition rates — and 20% actually seeing an accelerated subscription growth rate.
According to subscription economy data, the media industry — which includes companies in sub-verticals like OTT Video Streaming, Digital News & Media, and E-Learning — are largely seeing accelerated growth as consumer appetite for content has increased.
In this kit, we’ve curated best practice content and real life use cases to help your media company retain subscribers, convert new subscribers, and generally navigate these unprecedented times.
The Media Subscription COVID-19 Survival Kit includes the following resources:
- Media Subscription Impact Report: COVID-19 March 2020 Edition
- Subscription Impact Report: COVID-19 April 2020 Edition
- Subscription Impact Report: COVID-19 May 2020 Edition
- Subscribed Institute Benchmark: Subscription Suspend/Resume and The Impact on Churn
- 6 COVID-19 Survival Tips for Subscription Businesses
- Focus on Customer Lifetime Value: A Media and D2C Playbook for Navigating Times of Uncertainty
- How D2C Retailers Can Win Consumers Attention During the Coronavirus Crisis
- How Maven Publishing Is Doubling Down on Relationships
- HP Is Doubling Down on Customer Relationships with Subscriptions
- A Guide to Subscription Business Resiliency: 4 Ways Subscription Models Will Protect Your Business