Latest release speeds and simplifies subscription commerce processes, includes REST based commerce APIs as well as enhancements to Z-Force quote templates.
Redwood City, CA – April 12, 2013
- Zuora, the leader in subscription commerce, billing and finance, today announced the immediate availability of its April 2013 product release. Zuora continued its momentum in 2013 by incorporating REST based APIs for rapid web storefront deployments, and further strengthening Z-Force, Zuora’s native salesforce.com quoting application.
REST APIs for Simplified and Accelerated Subscription Commerce
Zuora has always maintained robust SOAP based APIs to enable online subscription commerce. This month, Zuora is unveiling new REST based APIs that make it faster and more intuitive for customers to integrate subscription commerce onto their websites. In addition to REST APIs, Zuora is also including the following tools to help customers accelerate web storefront deployments:
- Ruby and Java SDK libraries
- JSON cURL samples
- API test tool
Additional Enhancements to Z-Force Quote Templates
Salesforce continues to be the primary channel for assisted sales amongst the Zuora customer base. This month Zuora is increasing configuration options for Z-Quotes, Zuora’s native salesforce.com quoting application. Highlights of the new configuration options include:
- Additional account, product and opportunity-level merge fields. Customers can include significantly more detailed information on quotes.
- Ability to go beyond standard fields and include custom fields from Accounts, Opportunities, Quotes, and their related objects into quotes
- “REST has quickly become the de facto protocol for web APIs,” said Ned Bryant, VP Application Development at FireHost. “It’s great to partner with a company like Zuora that is not just a leader in cloud billing, but also recognizes this trend and has responded to it. We’ve used many aspects of Zuora’s APIs, and the new REST APIs now give us a simpler and faster way to connect Zuora to our online commerce experience and business intelligence engine.”
- “In today’s online commerce world, it is critical for subscription businesses to give customers greater visibility and control over their subscriptions,” said Ruslan Bondariev, CTO at SMTP.com. “Our business depends on easy to use and efficient platforms such as Zuora’s to drive our online business, and the latest release of REST APIs makes it very simple for us to rapidly deploy self service and account management capabilities on our website.”
- “Zuora’s latest release accelerates online storefront deployments, providing faster time-to-market capabilities to our customers that need to enable online self service commerce,” said Marc Aronson, SVP of Engineering at Zuora. “Zuora is committed to directly delivering product innovation to customers according to their business needs. These new RESTI APIs and quote configuration capabilities further strengthen Zuora’s leadership in the area of subscription commerce.”
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in Relationship Business Management solutions. Zuora delivers the subscription billing, commerce and finance capabilities that have become the industry standard to help companies transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprises and emerging companies alike use Zuora’s multi-tenant cloud solution to enable growth strategies, to streamline key processes and to provide visibility into the metrics that matter most in the Subscription Economy. Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Box.net, DocuSign, Firehost, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit zuorainternprd.wpengine.com.