Technology leader with deep expertise in telecom billing and scalable consumer cloud services to drive Zuora’s continued innovation leadership in the Subscription Economy
Redwood Shores, CA – August 23, 2012
- Zuora, the subscription commerce and billing leader, today announced the addition of ex-Portal Software and Oracle executive, Marc Aronson, to its management team as SVP of Engineering and Technology. Aronson will be responsible for product development, engineering, quality and technology operations.
- Aronson comes to Zuora with deep industry experience in building robust, scalable, enterprise class billing and cloud platforms. Aronson’s appointment is a key element of Zuora’s aggressive strategy of delivering a new breed of enterprise applications that enable the multi-billion dollar shift to the Subscription Economy.
- Aronson is the latest addition to Zuora’s executive team, which now includes some of the best management talent from the Cloud and enterprise software worlds. In June, Zuora announced that Splunk executive Christina Noren had joined its executive team as SVP of Products and CA executive Brian Bell had joined as Chief Marketing Officer.
Decades of Industry Leadership Experience
- Earlier in his career, Aronson ran engineering for 11 years at Portal Software, including 4 years at Oracle after Portal was acquired, where he led the team that built the leading client/server telecom billing solution used by some of the largest communications providers in the world.
- Aronson was most recently Senior Vice President of Engineering at Telenav, where he was responsible for worldwide research, development and operations for a leading mapping service used by 30 million people worldwide.
- Before joining Telenav, Aronson was at CA Technologies, where he was the SVP of worldwide engineering for the Wily Applications Performance Management and Clarity Project and Portfolio Management product lines. He was instrumental in managing the development associated with transitioning both of these on premise apps to be delivered via the cloud. Aronson has also held other management positions at Adobe Systems and General Electric Corporate Research & Development.
- “I’ve been around billing systems a long time, and it was clear to me that Zuora has the greatest lead in delivering enterprise class billing solutions in the cloud,” said Aronson. “I look forward to joining Zuora and continuing its innovation of solutions that enable the Subscription Economy.”
- “Zuora is committed to putting together the best management team in the industry,” said Tien Tzuo, CEO, Zuora. “Marc has the experience, track record, technology leadership and passion for innovation needed to help Zuora capture the massive opportunity created the shift to the Subscription Economy.”
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in subscription billing and commerce solutions that help companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprises and emerging companies alike use Zuora’s multi-tenant cloud solutions to enable growth strategies, to streamline key processes and to provide visibility into the metrics that matter most in the Subscription Economy. Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box.net, DocuSign, GigaOm, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.
Reidy Communications for Zuora