100 percent native Force.com application illustrates the power of two leading cloud platforms – salesforce.com and Zuora – for subscription-based businesses
Redwood Shores, Calif. — July 14, 2010
Z-Force 3.0 Enables Collaboration, Performance and New Features
- Zuora, the company that defined and continues to lead the subscription billing industry, announced it has launched Z-Force 3.0, a 100 percent native Force.com application, as part of its July ’10 release.
- July ’10 also includes enhancements and additions across Zuora’s other subscription billing products, including Z-Billing, Z-Payments, and Z-Commerce.
- Combining the power of two leading cloud platforms, Z-Force 3.0 seamlessly provides salesforce.com customers with the most complete set of functionality for enabling subscription management and billing capabilities from within Salesforce CRM. Z-Force includes powerful e-commerce, pricing, quoting, orders, and support features to manage recurring subscription and usage-based businesses.
- Z-Force 3.0 contains all the features and functionality of Z-Force with more powerful and advanced functionality, including:
- Ability to create customer-ready quotes for upsells, amendments and change orders
- Automatically calculate, display, and quote prorations and charges across multiple charge periods across complex charge models
- One-click activation of orders to automatically kick off billing
- 20x improvement in synchronization performance
- Improved automation of data synchronization
- Support for salesforce.com Chatter
- Now with Chatter enabled in Z-Force, enterprises can collaborate seamlessly across their sales, support, sales operations, finance, legal and accounting teams. For example:
- Chatter about new products
- Chatter about new pricing and promotions
- Chatter about new sales quotes
- Chatter about new subscriptions
- Chatter about amendments and change orders
- Chatter about up sells and cross-sells
- Chatter about renewals
- Chatter about invoices processed
- Chatter about payments processed
- Chatter about billing support inquires
A Comprehensive Solution for Subscription Businesses on the Force.com Platform
- Built entirely on Force.com, one of the leading cloud computing platforms, Z-Force is one of Zuora’s highest demand product offerings.
- Force.com was the first cloud computing platform that allowed developers to build multi-tenant software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications. Force.com powers approximately 77,300 businesses running more than 135,000 applications that 2+ million users count on every day.
- Z-Force is a 100 percent native Force.com application that enables companies to quickly start selling subscriptions online or through a sales team from within Salesforce CRM or Force.com, including:
- Create subscription price plans, bundles and usage
- Generate subscription quotes
- One-click process to create subscription orders
- View complete subscription data in Salesforce CRM
- View invoice and payment history in Salesforce CRM
- Complete revenue dashboard with subscription metrics
- Improve customer support with subscription and invoice data
Z-Force Customers Praise the Enhancements
- “Open Range’s choice to go with Zuora’s billing system was two-part: their internal commitment to getting it right for the customer and how they leveraged the Force.com platform,” said Q Saeed, EVP of Business Operations and Technology for Open Range Communications. “Zuora’s superior technology stack and APIs make integration with Salesforce seamless. Seeing the integrated pieces now, it’s hard to see where one product ends and the other one starts.”
- “Z-Force 3.0 enables us to have rich subscription data and metrics in Salesforce,” says Willie Wang, VP of Products at Codesion. “This gives our sales reps the ability to have real-time data to manage up sells, cross-sells and renewals, greatly improving the flow of communication amongst our sales, finance and operations.”
- “We are in the process of rolling out Zuora across three continents to create seamless integration between sales and finance for sales quoting and order processing,” said Mary Collerton, Director of Corporate Solutions at Reed Business Information. “The implementation of Zuora is driving improved efficiency within our sales teams and is enabling improved data flow between our Salesforce CRM and Oracle financials system.”
Zuora and salesforce.com: Powering the Cloud Revolution
- “Zuora’s Z-Force 3.0 is an example of the new Face of Cloud Computing where two clouds are blended seamlessly together,” said Shawn Price, president and general manager at Zuora. “Salesforce.com is a huge part of our installed customer base. It is critically important that we continue to innovate for the benefit of our mutual customers by adding in new features, including salesforce.com Chatter, which further extends the use of Z-Force 3.0 to sales, finance, and operations.”
- “Companies are now transitioning to Cloud 2, taking the best social networking features made popular by the consumer Web, and deploying them in the enterprise entirely in the cloud,” said Kendall Collins, chief marketing officer of salesforce.com. “With Z-Force 3.0, Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Chatter, customers can now easily collaborate in real time to manage their subscription-based businesses.”
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora’s subscription billing and commerce platform changes the way subscription businesses manage and sell to customers, allowing them to bring new products to market in less time, with more flexibility and less hassle. Zuora customers are up and running within 90 days and often recognize 200 %ROI within weeks. Zuora is built from the ground up by SaaS industry visionaries and veterans from salesforce.com, WebEx, Accenture, Google, eBay, Oracle and Vitria. Zuora customers include Reed Business Information, Coremetrics, InsideView, Marketo, Ricoh, Box.net, Xactly, HD Cloud, and Cloud Central.
To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.
About the Force.com Platform and AppExchange
Force.com is the only proven enterprise platform for building and running business applications in the cloud. The Force.com platform powers the Salesforce CRM (https://www.salesforce.com/) applications, more than 800 ISV partner applications like those from CA Technologies, FinancialForce.com and Fujitsu, and 160,000 custom applications used by salesforce.com’s 77,300 customers such as Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE and Sprint Nextel. Force.com also enables developers to make any enterprise app social by leveraging the social collaboration components including profiles, status updates, and real-time feeds available with Chatter.
Applications built on the Force.com platform can be easily distributed to the entire cloud computing community through the salesforce.com AppExchange 2 marketplace https://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/, now featuring the ChatterExchange.