Augments legacy ERP systems to accelerate the wave of business model reinvention occurring in well-established brands
Foster City, CA – June 3, 2014
Zuora, the subscription billing, commerce and finance leader, today announced the availability of Z-Business Nine. The latest edition of Zuora’s Relationship Business Management (RBM) solution is designed specifically for global, multi-divisional enterprises that are reinventing their business models around recurring revenue.
TODAY’S CUSTOMERS, from global companies to individual consumers, increasingly prefer the ease and convenience of subscriptions over larger one-time purchases. From Adobe to Box to ZipCar and beyond, consumers increasingly favor the benefits of a service over the ownership of a product. What’s more, they demand continuous value and personalized control in this “subscription experience.”
TODAY’S ENTERPRISES recognize the need to reinvent their business models to meet these new demands. They know that future growth lies in relationship-centric recurring revenue business models; however, they face several unique and inherent challenges.
RBM SOLUTIONS are an emerging class of software focused on building, managing and optimizing the ongoing customer relationships that are the lifeblood of a subscription businesses. RBM manages the business operations of customer-centric subscription companies, similar to what traditional ERP has done for manufacturing companies.
ERP SYSTEMS, while not designed to deliver the subscription experience, are an integral part of enterprise IT infrastructure and cannot be completely abandoned. A recent study from Gartner noted that cumbersome, inflexible ERP systems cannot be easily customized and are rapidly being being re-architected as “systems of record.”
AS A RESULT, enterprises must couple the ERP “systems of record” with the new RBM “systems of reinvention” in order for them to bring new services to market quickly.
Z-BUSINESS NINE, the latest edition of Zuora’s RBM solution, is designed help enterprises reinvent their business models by:
- Supporting rapid innovation without requiring massive investments;
- Addressing the quote-to-revenue demands of relationship-centric business models;
- Integrating seamlessly into existing IT infrastructures and;
- Meeting the highest enterprise security, scalability and audit standards.
Z-BUSINESS NINE: KEY FACTS & FUNCTIONALITY
- Nine delivers the highest standards of platform security demanded by enterprise CIOs, which includes: Two-factor authentication, Single Sign-On (SSO), IP address restrictions to reduce the threat of security breaches at point of authentication, and SMTP email configuration to reduce the threat of email phishing.
- It includes a capacity booster, allowing enterprises CIOs to deliver the scalability that can process 375 synchronous orders per second and deliver millisecond response times across the globe.
- It meets the demands of multi-divisional organizations by delivering data access controls that allows CIOs to determine how data is shared or isolated between different business units.
- It includes unique sync technologies that allows CIOs to give their businesses access to the most up-to-date data about their customers by ensuring external systems remain completely in sync with Nine in real time.
- It eases the IT burden of integration with complex IT ecosystems by providing reference architectures that can be used as a starting point to integrate with Oracle, SAP and other enterprise systems of record.
- Nine has proven to deliver enterprise agility with an average of 50 go-lives per month, and has been adopted by over 40 enterprises with over $1 billion in revenue to-date.
- It is being deployed by leading integrators such as Accenture, who employs Zuora-certified consultants in nine countries.
- It is trusted by global enterprises like HP, American Express, Dell, Intuit, Deloitte, TCS, Informatica, YP.ca, TripAdvisor, Acxiom, NewsUK, Telstra, Xplornet and many others.
“As the world moves to the Subscription Economy, consumers demand flexibility and a personalized experience in how they purchase and consume services,” said Tien Tzuo, CEO & Founder, Zuora. “The winners are the businesses who develop ongoing relationships and deliver increasing value to their customers. At Zuora, we’re making this a reality, allowing enterprises to drive growth through reinvention. Nine enables global enterprises to do this on a system that coexists with their ERP and offers the scalability, control and security they demand.”
Hundreds of enterprise customers around the globe are reinventing their businesses with Zuora:
“Neopost USA is transforming into a provider of technology-based business communications solutions. This requires an unprecedented level of adaptability at the company, including the integration of an enterprise-grade subscription management platform. Neopost USA’s partnership with Zuora has helped make this transition smooth for us and for our customers. We continue to value Zuora because it is Web-based, amazingly easy to use, reduces our price-change capability to mere minutes, saves time and money and is well-integrated with our enterprise architecture.” Nick von der Wense, VP Marketing, Neopost
“News UK launches marketing promotions that reach millions of people around the world in a matter of minutes and require a system capable of scaling to meet this volume. Zuora’s enterprise platform has enabled us to scale to hundreds of transactions per second and has given us the confidence as we drive for rapid global growth.” Katie Vanneck-Smith, CMO, News UK
“Intuit’s high growth cloud businesses like QuickBase are evolving quickly as we innovate to serve customers in new ways. We needed a flexible solution that allows us to move fast, test, and get the right insights. Our legacy systems were not designed to move at this pace. We integrated Zuora’s platform with our enterprise architecture including Oracle and others which together allowed us to serve our growing subscriber base.” Allison Mnookin, GM/VP Intuit QuickBase
- Z-Business Editions
- Z-Business Enterprise
- Zuora Enterprise Customers
- What is RBM
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in Relationship Business Management solutions, helping companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies alike use Zuora’s multi-tenant cloud platform to launch, scale, and monetize their subscription services. Zuora’s applications work where traditional ERP applications fail: Subscription pricing, quoting, orders, billing, payments, and renewals. Built from the ground up by SaaS industry veterans from salesforce.com, PayPal, and Netsuite, Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit zuora.com.