Zuora’s 28th consecutive monthly product release further cements Z-Force as the only 100% native force.com product delivering enterprise-grade subscription billing and commerce capabilities into salesforce.com.
Redwood Shores, CA — May 26, 2011 — Zuora, the subscription billing and commerce leader, today announced immediate availability of its May ’11 release which adds dozens of new features to the company’s 4th generation product for salesforce.com users. Rather than building homegrown integrations or relying on lightweight 3rd party connectors, Zuora customers can leverage Z-Force in order to take advantage of the best-of-breed solutions for CRM and Subscription Commerce for the entire quote-to-cash-to-renewals process. Z-Force enables both solutions to “just work” together, with no integration effort required.
This release marks Zuora’s 28th consecutive monthly product release, a pace of innovation only possible with a true multi-tenant SaaS billing platform. Every month, Zuora delivers new technology based on the feedback and experience of hundreds of customers who have already moved into the Subscription Economy.
“With the new Z-Force capabilities, we can better leverage our CRM and billing platforms together,” said Andrew Mottaz, CEO of Site9 who uses Zuora for its ProtoShare.com service. “Zuora continues to innovate at a remarkable pace and really delivers by providing us with the flexibility and customization capabilities that are mission-critical to our business.”
“The ability integrate customer management and billing within Salesforce with Zuora’s Z-Force is critical to our organization,” said Andy Rieger, COO of Transparent Health Group. “Z-Force is powerful and allows us to lower our operations costs by giving us the flexibility required to efficiently manage our sales and support processes.”
New enhancements to Z-Force in the May ’11 release include:
- Z-Force Order Builder: Order Builder is designed to help companies design sophisticated order flows on Force.com, for quote-to-cash-to-renewals in Salesforce CRM, Customer Portal, or Partner Portal. With the May ’11 release, it’s easier than ever. This toolkit has now been productized, so it cuts back dramatically on the amount of custom code required, supports the creation and use of custom fields, and is fully upgradeable as the product evolves.
- Evergreen Quoting: Z-Force allows users to create sophisticated subscription quotes inside of Salesforce CRM. With the May ’11 release, users now get the ability to create “evergreen” quotes with no expiration dates.
- Automatic Quote PDF’s: Z-Force can now automatically create and attach a customized PDF quote to Salesforce CRM opportunities. Not only does this save time for sales reps, but it make it easy to integrate with electronic signature technology.
- Subscription Quote Trigger Dates: Now users have even more flexibility to specify when customer’s subscription should go into effect. In addition to the Contract Effective Date, users can also specify the Service Activation Date and the Customer Acceptance Date.
- Enhanced Product Selector: In the May ’11 release, users get a completely redesigned product selection tool, tuned to support enterprise customers with thousands of products and price points. Now sales reps can quickly find exactly the products they’re looking for in Salesforce CRM.
All of Zuora’s hundreds of customers automatically received this 28th consecutive product update with no negative impact to existing configurations and customizations. This is only possible with the modern, multi-tenant SaaS architecture found in Zuora’s Z-Commerce platform. Customers can read about the details of the May ’11 release at https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/AA_Whats_New.
“Today customers are looking for best of breed applications across CRM and subscription commerce,” said Luke Braud, VP Engineering & Product Management at Zuora. “We built Z-Force so that our customers could combine Salesforce and Zuora without the hassle of integration. And with the May ’11 release, these two best of breed solutions work even better together.”
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora’s subscription billing and commerce platform changes the way subscription businesses manage and sell to customers, allowing them to bring new products to market in less time, with more flexibility and less hassle. Zuora customers are up and running within 90 days and often recognize 200% ROI within weeks. Zuora is built from the ground up by SaaS industry visionaries and veterans from salesforce.com, WebEx, Accenture, Google, eBay, Oracle and Vitria. Zuora customers include Reed Business Information, InsideView, Marketo, Ricoh, Box.net, Ning, Ustream, Informatica, Barrett Xplore and Open Range. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.