New Subscription Services Will Drive Incremental Revenue for Servcorp
Redwood Shores, CA – June 27, 2012
- Zuora, the subscription commerce, billing and finance leader, today announced that Servcorp has adopted its subscription platform to launch Gnee, a new subscription-based telephone auto attendant service. Servcorp is the world’s leading international premium serviced and virtual office provider. Initially available in Australia and Japan, Servcorp’s Gnee service will be fully supported by Zuora. Zuora’s subscription management platform will enable Servcorp to drive their international expansions efforts by implementing new revenue strategies, automating processes around subscription commerce, billing, and finance, and providing access to key metrics
Attracting New Subscribers and Growing Revenues
- Servcorp is a market leader across the globe for virtual office space. In order to continue delivering on their massive growth plans, Servcorp laid out a strategy to launch a new service to capture the SMB market. Designed with the needs of small businesses, remote offices and road warriors in mind, Gnee’s monthly voicemail and customised call answering service will attract an estimated 100,000 new monthly subscribers. Based on the potential demand for Gnee, Servcorp looked to Zuora to assist with implementing new revenue strategies, such as recurring monthly subscriptions and usage based pricing.
Automating the Commerce Flow to Drive a Better Customer Experience
- To ensure a successful launch and the best customer experience for Gnee, Servcorp knew a seamless flow of frontend and backend processes were crucial. Without a subscription platform, this meant that commerce, billing and finance would be siloed in different systems, thus resulting in manual data entry and more risk for error. With Zuora, it became possible to have processes like pricing, quoting, orders, billing and payments connect together so that client service reps could focus on customer success rather than being bogged down in administrative activities. In addition, Zuora helped Servcorp drive efficiency by enabling zero touch self-provisioning for clients and automating online payment processing.
Key Metrics to Drive Business Decisions
- Data analytics was also a key attribute to Servcorp’s decision to adopt Zuora. Servcorp requires access to key metrics to gauge the success of their new offering and help drive future strategic business decisions. Some of these metrics include MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) by Region, Delta MRR, Customer TCV (Total Contract Value) and Renewal Rates. With access to these valuable metrics, Servcorp is equipped with the analytics to drive important business decisions and gauge the success of their new offering
- Marcus Moufarrige, Chief Operating Officer, Servcorp, said, “Servcorp is embarking on a program to dramatically grow our subscription-based services because we strongly believe the Subscription Economy is the way forward. Billing methods for everything from software as a service through to real estate will be going this way. With Zuora’s proven subscription solution, and technically superior platform, we’re confident Zuora will be key to the success of Gnee.
- “Servcorp leads the market in the identification and delivery of innovative virtual services. With the launch of Gnee we’re looking to expand our revenue opportunities, and with Zuora, we’ll be able to launch quickly, automate our processes, and see the direct impact to our business so that we can drive new innovation and maintain our leadership position.”
- John Ruthven, Vice President International, Zuora, said, “Industries from software to real estate services are moving to the Subscription Economy, offering subscription-based services because it’s a better way to build ongoing relationships with customers. Servcorp’s Gnee is a great example of this for the real estate SMB market. Zuora’s responsibility is to enable Gnee to quickly grow its client base by ensuring accurate, timely and cost-effective billing that will readily adapt to a changing portfolio of services.”
- Servcorp plans to begin rolling out Gnee to additional geographic territories in early-to-mid 2013.
Servcorp (ASX:SRV) is the world’s finest provider of 5 star serviced and virtual office solutions, and the international market leader in superior IT and communications infrastructure. Founded in Sydney in 1978, Servcorp now operates a growing international network of over 130 prime city locations. Servcorp’s clients range from Fortune 500 companies to small and medium-sized businesses and solo practitioners all over the globe. To learn more about Servcorp, please visit www.servcorp.com.au.
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in subscription commerce and billing, helping companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies alike use Zuora’s multi-tenant cloud platform to launch, scale, and monetize their subscription services. Zuora’s applications help subscription businesses with pricing, quoting, orders, billing, payments, and renewals. Built from the ground up by SaaS industry veterans from Salesforce.com, PayPal, and WebEx, Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box.net, Ning, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit zuorainternprd.wpengine.com.
Reidy Communications for Zuora