Ustream maximizes the power of Zuora’s Subscription Commerce Platform and rollouts all-new services to its millions of users across the globe
Redwood City, CA — March 9, 2011
- Zuora, the subscription billing and commerce leader, today announced that Ustream, the leader in live Internet video, is using the Zuora Subscription Commerce Platform to expand its product offerings and provide customers with an ever-expanding range of subscription interactive broadcast services.
Rapid Rollout of New Products in 9, 3 and 2 Weeks
- Ustream used Zuora to quickly monetize its new product, Ad-free. With Zuora, Ustream can offer flexible packages and pricing to allow Ad-free customers to customize their player with a variety of different features and options including chat, privacy, and analytics using a self-service interface.
- The Zuora solution has allowed Ustream to rapidly expand beyond its initial single product offering and enables Ustream to accelerate product launch by 4X, deploying in progressively shorter durations:
- 9 weeks for initial product launch including a complete migration from an existing payment system
- 3 weeks for second product launch including adding the ability for customers to check usage and download invoices
- 2 weeks for third product launch including additional capabilities for customers to review account information
- Founded in 2007, Ustream enables anyone with a camera and an Internet connection to start broadcasting to a global audience of unlimited size in less than two minutes. Customers have ranged from Miley Cyrus to Al Gore to U.S. military personnel serving overseas to the NFL, and events streamed over Ustream have included the Super Bowl, the Inauguration of President Obama, and the Adam Corolla Show.
- “We knew Zuora was powerful but after successfully deploying Zuora for our initial product line, we realized how easy it was to create new packages and offerings,” said Peter Sellis, Director of Product Management and Platform Monetization for Ustream. “So we decided to expand our product portfolio and immediately rollout additional products using Zuora.”
- “Ustream is a prime example of how companies operating in the Subscription Economy quickly expand their products and services,” said Shawn Price, President of Zuora. “It is exciting to see Ustream take advantage of our platform to drive value for millions of viewers across the globe.”
Ustream is the leader in live video and its platform empowers any individual, public figure or brand to stream to a global audience of unlimited size. Ustream offers free broadcasting and viewing platforms for the Web and mobile devices. The interactive functionality within Ustream enables real-time engagement with Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and AIM. Hundreds of high-profile broadcasters have partnered with Ustream to reach millions of people. Ustream (www.ustream.com) is a privately-held company based in San Francisco, Calif. Follow on Twitter (@Ustream) or fan at Facebook.com/Ustream.
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora’s subscription billing and commerce platform changes the way subscription businesses manage and sell to customers, allowing them to bring new products to market in less time, with more flexibility and less hassle. Zuora customers are up and running within 90 days and often recognize 200% ROI within weeks. Zuora is built from the ground up by SaaS industry visionaries and veterans from salesforce.com, WebEx, Accenture, Google, eBay, Oracle and Vitria. Zuora customers include Reed Business Information, Coremetrics, InsideView, Marketo, Ricoh, Box.net, Xactly and Cloud Central. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.