Choosing to Challenge, Today and Everyday at Zuora
Zuora’s executive team shares their insights on how we can “Choose to Challenge”...
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
The position details:
Zuora has grown from a small start-up to become the subscription management software industry leader. With this growth, the company needs a low friction environment for its employees to operate. Key to this is a digital workplace, with effective productivity and
collaboration tools. Your goal is to turn productivity, communication and collaboration technologies into effective business capabilities for the hybrid workforce. You will develop best practices for using digital tools to support our ways of working. Using the office suite, hybrid and virtual meeting tools, and document management you will champion ways to reduce friction and increase collaboration for Zuora and its partners while improving our security position. We need to make it easy to work together while protecting our confidential information.
● Document Management
○ Ensure that documents are stored with the ability for ZEOS to find them with appropriate storage locations, folders, tagging.
○ Ensure Search is effectively deployed for internal documents
○ Ensure that only documents that are appropriate for external collaboration are shared externally.
● Hybrid Collaboration (Pure remote working and mixed in office / remote working)
○ Consult with teams throughout the organization to determine areas where digital workplace products and procedures would improve collaboration, productivity, and outcomes.
○ Partner with business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define business goals and functional requirements to design solutions with appropriate people, processes, and technology to improve program efficiency and efficacy.
● Information Security – Evaluate and mitigate risks of new and existing tools
● Provision of training and best practices – Develop and execute training programs to accelerate the adoption of our digital workplace solutions.
● Work closely with the Service Desk to identify problems by tracking and examining tickets and requests that could be resolved with
Digital Workplace solutions.
● Identify use cases for automation, optimized use of existing tools, and potential new tools
○ Identify gaps in our current set of capabilities
○ Create and review business cases and comparative analyses of more specific tools to ensure our existing capabilities could not meet the needs (eg custom workflow applications)
● Research, identify and evangelize tools, technologies, and features to enhance communication, collaboration, and connections among ZEOs
● Perform design and approval of changes for Box, Google Workplace, Slack, and MS Teams
● Provide user support for questions and resolution of functional issues
● Track the roadmaps of major vendors and match them to corporate strategies
● Longer-term to expand scope to include common office activities such as workflow and approval processes.
Critical Success Behaviors:
● Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviours.
● Flexibility and Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
● Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside your own organization.
● Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
● Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
● Innovation – Create new and better ways for our ZEOs to communicate, collaborate, and connect. Stay up to date on new tools and technologies.
● Collaboration – Consult with teams throughout the company to identify areas where digital workplace tools and processes would improve collaboration and productivity.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
● 5+ years of functional experience and deep knowledge in developing efficient and effective ways of working.
● Demonstrated success in implementing digital workplace, collaboration, and/or office productivity tools
● Strong experience in document management, search and security classifications.
● Expert in the functionality and best practices for our key tools (Google WorkspaceGSuite, Box, Slack, Zoom, etc.)
● Active listening skills to ensure feedback drives new initiatives and identifies areas of improvement.
● Ability to learn quickly and pick up tools, systems, and processes in a short amount of time.
● Experience as a trusted advisor and thought partner
● Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment.
● Proven, strong team player – able to work strategically and in a hands-on fashion.
● Strong desire to share knowledge and train others.
● High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it
takes to deliver results.
● Passion for the future of work
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Go ahead, take a look inside #ZEOLife. Meet our ZEOs and learn what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Zuora’s executive team shares their insights on how we can “Choose to Challenge”...
Four steps everyone can take to guide their career to the next level while maint...
The global Subscribed experience goes virtual in our first ever Subscription Exp...
All about relationships. Let’s connect!