Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy — a $1.5 Trillion opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
Our Information Technology (IT) team is Zuora's internal technology organization, responsible for creating technology experiences that connect our teams, drive business alignment and build a stronger, more collaborative work “place.” With a cloud-first approach, we empower our global ZEOs with increased productivity and self-service to enable company growth, scale, and flexibility while hardening our security and compliance posture.
The Quote-to-Cash (QTC) Applications team is responsible for our internal implementation of the full Zuora stack: CPQ, Billing, Revenue, and Collect/Payments. This position reports to the QTC Applications Manager along with another business system analyst and systems administrator. Additionally, there is indirect support by a mix of project managers, scrum masters, architects, and developers.
THE OPPORTUNITY / YOUR MISSION
You will directly contribute to IT’s vision to make Zuora the world’s best-run subscription business, powered by Zuora’s own SaaS suite:
- As Zuora’s “Customer Zero” through our Zuora-on-Zuora program (ZonZ), you will have the unique and exciting opportunity to influence our product’s roadmap with enhancements that benefit not only ourselves but also other customers.
- You will partner with the Finance QTC program team to drive continuous improvement and best practices within our own QTC systems and processes. You will help to define the vision for the future-state and anticipate business needs, prioritize user stories through backlog refinement, act as a liaison between development team and business stakeholders, and deliver enhancements via agile sprints. You will help with QA testing and facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
- You will design, implement, and maintain best-in-class systems that enable our Finance QTC teams to get work done efficiently and effectively.
- Your primary focus will be Zuora Billing and/or Zuora Revenue, and you will serve as a backup for CPQ
- You will work directly with business stakeholders Finance to collect and understand business requirements, write and groom quality user stories, coordinate with business to get timely approval, answer any questions development team has, do functional testing, and help business test the stories before deploying to production.
- You will prepare solution documentation for end users and support personnel; and you will conduct End User Training, educating users how to leverage solutions for their work
OUR TECH STACK: Primary applications are Zuora CPQ, Zuora Billing, Zuora Revenue (a.k.a. RevPro), Zuora Collect/Payments, Avalara, payment gateways, and related integrations. Other relevant tools include Salesforce, FinancialForce, NetSuite, Google Workspace, Slack, and Lucidchart.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Within the first 30 days:
- You will get acquainted with Zuora, your team, and cross-functional stakeholders inside and outside of IT. You will begin to build trust with them and understand the nuances of each of their teams and processes.
- You will review and refine your onboarding plan with your manager, clearly defining your objectives together along with the resources/support needed to make you and your team successful.
- You will understand how your work fits into the overall strategy and what is needed from you to positively contribute to that strategy.
- You will begin to familiarize yourself with our tech stack and overall environment, focusing on QTC processes and applications.
- You will understand your team’s responsibilities and their current priorities.
- Within the first 90 days:
- You will continue building on all of the above.
- You will create a plan for how you will contribute to our overall strategy and success.
- You will actively gain a strong understanding of your applications, product backlog, current bugs and pain points. You will use that understanding to define and refine a roadmap for new features and functionality.
- You will become a primary point of contact and liaison between business teams and development teams. You will be regularly communicating with your stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- You will drive product catalog updates (e.g., price changes, new product introductions)
- You will start driving improvements to our systems:
- Lead business requirements gathering processes for system enhancements
- Analyze requirements; perform fit-gap analysis
- Understand and influence business process gaps via problem framing and applications solutioning
- Produce user stories, acceptance criteria, functional designs, specifications, prototypes, and proofs-of-concept for new and enhanced functionality
- Conduct Solution Reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution aligned with business requirements
- Advise on potential positive and negative implications of decisions
- You will troubleshoot and identify root causes for application issues; serve as tier 3 application support; Own and foster collaboration with System Administrators to resolve application defects and assemble IT teams to identify and lead system improvement opportunities to better serve business processes
- By 6-9 months:
- You will continue building on all of the above.
- You will fully support Deal Desk, Billing, and Revenue teams for key month-end processes.
- You will have an in-depth understanding of your QTC Applications domain.
- You will have successfully completed several projects/sprints that deliver measurable business value.
- You have established yourself as a trusted advisor among your stakeholders. You have built strong relationships that you leverage to enable mutual success.
- You are actively evolving our systems and/or processes to a desired future state by maintaining an understanding of how current processes impact business operations; mapping current state against future state processes; identifying value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies; defining the impact of requirements on upstream and downstream solution components; providing recommendations to management on how to integrate requirements with current systems and business processes
- You stay abreast of new product enhancements and regularly adopt the relevant features in our instance.
WHAT WE THINK YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree in computer science, information systems, or other technology-related field and/or accounting or other business-related field
- 4+ years of relevant industry or consulting experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of QTC/Subscription Management/Revenue Recognition systems, preferably at SaaS companies
- Expertise with Zuora CPQ, Zuora Billing, Zuora Revenue, and/or Zuora Collect/Payments (the more, the better)
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the QTC process and its position within the Lead-to-Cash process
- A self-starter mentality and a desire to make a positive, lasting impact
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a virtual environment
- Eagerness to mentor less experienced staff
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with both business and technical teams
- Experience performing detailed gap analysis, and preparing as-is & to-be process documentation
- Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Understanding of IT and SOX compliance processes, including SDLC and change management
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of work, work autonomously with minimal oversight, and be proactive with communications and task prioritization
- Ability to think out-of-the-box to find creative solutions
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and may require collaboration across teams
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Strong technical and business acumen
- As your business partners are located mainly in US time zones, you will need work a schedule that allows you to have overlapping availability for interactive meetings
A plus if you have:
- Zuora Certifications and Revenue/RevPro specific experience are strongly preferred
- M&A systems integration experience
- System implementation experience
- Experience with agile and scrum methodologies
- Experience with process automation using Zuora Workflow
- Familiarity with accounting, especially GAAP & ASC 606 knowledge
- NetSuite, Avalara, Salesforce, and/or FinancialForce experience is helpful
- Understanding ZOQL queries and Zuora API
- Understanding of spreadsheet functions such as: IF, VLOOKUP, Index, Pivot Tables etc.
- Experience with Jira & Confluence
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.