Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering | San Mateo, CA, United States
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com.
The Site Reliability Engineer (Software Developer, Systems Software) will be responsible for helping to manage a large-scale production environment, including conducting system administration, integration, and software development activities. This position will assist with managing every aspect of the production environment, including datacenter, Cloud, and hardware components.
- Conduct troubleshooting across a wide technology stack and use problem-solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
- Build and test highly reliable and scalable systems.
- Implement knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, and storage technologies and concepts.
- Work within complex SaaS and/or Production revenue-critical web services environments.
- Implement Shell, Python, Ruby, Bash, and/or Perl scripting to automate tasks and gather data.
- Perform performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, and continual improvement and capacity planning for production in a virtualized environment.
- Implement experience with UNIX-based systems in a large-scale production environment such as RHEL 6+, Ubuntu 12.04+, or CentOS 6+; and experience with database servers such as Oracle, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra, and/or Postgres.
- Write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts.
- Adhere to policies, procedures and standards relating to Systems management. May recommend process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a closely related field.
- 2 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in the same or similar occupation.
- 2 years of experience using reporting tools.
- 2 years of experience with Unix/Linux systems administration.
- 2 years of experience with Shell, Python, Ruby, Bash, and/or Perl scripting.
- 2 years of experience with tools such as GIT and/or SVN.
- 2 years of experience with various programming languages (such as C, C++, Java, PHP, Golang).
- 2 years of experience with set-up, configuration, and maintenance of monitoring systems and reporting tools.
Job Location: Zuora offices located at 3050 South Delaware Street, Suite 301, San Mateo, CA 94403.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.