Sales Engineer, Benelux
About Zuora (NYSE:ZUO), Inc.
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 900 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo. To learn more about the Zuora platform, please visit www.zuora.com.
Sales Engineer Job Description:
Zuora Sales Engineers work in the field, hand in hand with Zuora Enterprise/Strategic Account Executives to close business. At Zuora, the company mission for a Sales Engineer is to achieve a technical win over all competition and demonstrate how Zuora will allow the world’s largest companies to grow and become successful in The Subscription Economy.
As a Sales Engineer, you will get the unique opportunity to work with an enviable range of Enterprise/Strategic customers as we continue to grow our regional business.
- Work closely with the Sales Team in being the technical subject matter expert for Zuora and its application in the customers business and IT landscape.
- Analyze and understand customers objectives and the current business and technical situation in respective context of the customer engagement.
- Manage the technical selling within the customer engagement sales process by meeting the customers decision criteria and differentiating against any competition.
- Create use case specific product demonstrations mapped to customers strategic objectives to address their business issues and show business value.
- Conduct presentations and workshops to decision makers and C-Level audiences on the Zuora platform.
- Create and contribute to RFX’s, Value Propositions, Value Assessments and PoCs as needed within each customer engagement.
- Coordinate and lead close collaboration with Zuora Professional Services or partners in overall design and implementation approach through to technical closure.
- Create and contribute to reusable assets, demos, architectures and solutions to share across the team.
- Responsible for technology transfer to other SEs within your region and be a front line liaison on customer feature requirements and recommendations into Product Management.
- Display initiative, self motivation and deliver high quality results along with meeting all expectations for both internal and external customers.
Who you Are
The ideal candidate wants to be the go-to technical consultant for companies transitioning to the Subscription Economy. You’ll have technical / business experience in a client facing role, such as pre-sales or consulting, and must be self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and become an expert on the entire quote to cash cycle for modern recurring revenue enterprise businesses.
- 5+ years relevant experience in complex technical enterprise/strategic sales or IT business consulting preferably in similar or related solutions.
- Familiarity with quote to cash processes and supporting SaaS or related Cloud technologies.
- Understanding of subscription / recurring billing and respective challenges is highly desired.
- Understanding of the digital transformation agenda within modern businesses.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build and present robust product demos and compelling visions, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills needed to develop customer relationships by listening to, understanding and anticipating customer needs (Business and IT).
- Demonstrated strong consultative skills. Comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences as diverse as CIOs, Sales Operations, CFOs and Finance teams, COOs, CEOs and Line of Business Managers.
- Experience in process analysis and solution architectures.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, high growth and pressurised environment.
- Proven time management skills in a dynamic team environment.
- Inquisitive, passionate and able to grasp new technology concepts quickly and think creatively.
- Strong story-telling and value selling skills.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally.
- B.S. in Engineering / Computer Science or a related technology field is strongly preferred.