For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Our leadership position has been consistently recognized by the leading analysts covering the space: Gartner, IDC and Forrester.
As the VP of Strategic Sales, you will lead a team of Strategic Account Executives who focus on our top accounts; helping to enable some of the most successful software, hardware, media, telecom and IOT companies sustain rapid growth and transform their entire business. You’ll work closely with our existing customers as a trusted advisor, further pioneering business transformation, expanding Zuora’s footprint and value. You will drive customer value realization, opportunity progression, and exceed quota and retention goals. With the support of a highly specialized cross-functional team you’ll drive the strategy for your franchise; ultimately helping customers win in the Subscription Economy.
Join us and make shift happen!
What you’ll do & achieve:
- Grow a long list of satisfied customers who are all winning in the Subscription Economy
- Deliver consistent performance throughout the franchise; overachieving franchise growth and retention goals
- Prioritize day to day activity that balances progress of both current and future franchise pipeline whilst driving customer success
- Promotes team to leverage partners and get partners involved early
- Ensure team’s data is clean and current through deal reviews and inspection
- Accurately forecast sales outlook and provide the state of the franchise weekly to the second line manager
- Participates as executive sponsor and mentors team on customer meetings, consistently advocating customer value
- Conduct 1:1s with your team, coaching and broadening their thinking on account strategy and tactics and mentoring their customer facing skills
- Prioritize rep enablement, support your team to ensure they have what they need to be successful and take corrective action when help is needed
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Proven record of leading a value driven team of strategic account executives in an enterprise sales org
- Enterprise strategic sales manager experience with record of developing great sales reps
- Ability to mentor others to develop C-Level Executive presence in large organizations and how to effectively manage a matrixed organization for consistent results
- Passion for building long term customer and partner relationships
- Appreciation for and ability to drive compliance with sales reps on a regular cadence, including: adherence to a customer engagement process, data hygiene and reporting
- Superlative ability to get others to effectively manage their current and future book of business, forecast accurately and drive the holistic goals of the business
- 10+ years of solution sales experience managing complex sales-cycles with demonstrated ownership of territory and account management, preferably within SaaS, accounting/ERP applications, CRM, business intelligence or other software solutions
- Ability to align technology solutions to complex, multi-stakeholder business problems and utilize strategic thinking skills to solve customer problems
- Track record of consistent over-achievement of quotas, revenue goals and the ability to effectively identify and sell to C-level executives
- Passion for building long lasting customer relationships
- Expert at inspiring and holding internal cross-functional team that doesn't work for you accountable within a diverse team to deliver outstanding results
- Technologically adept and business acumen focused with outstanding communication both written and oral, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills including G-Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to work individually and on a collaborative team in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Bachelor's degree (sales training methodologies is a plus)
- Ability to travel when required