Customers have changed. In the new Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo) customers are happier subscribing to the outcomes they want, when they want them, rather than purchasing a product with the burden of ownership. We believe that one day, every company will be part of the Subscription Economy.
Zuora’s leading SaaS subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to a subscription model and open new revenue streams. Our growth story is far from over and our Sales team is pivotal in sustaining our rapid growth across the globe. We are looking for a highly collaborative, outcome-oriented Senior Sales Engineer to help us bring home the technical win and take on a $40 billion market opportunity.
Working hand in hand with our Enterprise Account Executives, you’ll solve for some of the most interesting business challenges and transformations. You’ll be the CEO aka “ZEO” of your domain and become an expert on the entire quote to cash cycle for enterprise businesses across any sales channel. You’ll leverage your technical prowess to knock out the competition and demonstrate how Zuora will allow the world’s largest companies to unlock new growth and become successful in the Subscription Economy.
What you’ll achieve:
- Become a key, strategic partner to our Enterprise sales team and help the team hit their quarterly revenue goals
- Serve as the go-to technical subject matter expert by consulting prospects in their transition to The Subscription Economy
- Deliver product demonstrations and technical presentations to a C-Level audience and articulate how Zuora’s platform will allow their business to succeed and grow
- Create end to end use case specific demonstrations mapped to prospects’ strategic objectives across industries
- Secure technical wins by differentiating Zuora against the competition, handle technical objections and mitigate any concerns that might block a deal from closing
- Collaborate with solution architects in overall design and approach
- Support sales and marketing at field events with product demonstrations and technical subject matter expertise
- Respond to technical elements of RFI’s / RFP’s
- Travel throughout your sales territory
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3+ years relevant experience in a SaaS technical Enterprise pre-sales role
- Self-motivation and the desire to learn and become an expert on the entire quote to cash cycle for enterprise businesses across any sales channel in The Subscription Economy
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to drive discussions for both small and large groups within organizations
- Strong business value selling experience and familiarity with SaaS and Cloud technology
- An understanding of subscription and recurring revenue business models
- Experience working with a diligent sales process methodology
- General understanding of API, cloud architecture and various coding languages (php, ruby, java, etc.)
- B.S. in Engineering / Computer Science or a related technology field is strongly preferred
- Native level Japanese and Business level English(reading/writing) are required.