Hello world! We’re Zuora
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4.5+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
Sales Engineer/Customer Engineers Success Job Description:
Zuora Sales /Customer Success Engineer work in the field, hand in hand with Zuora Enterprise/Strategic Account Executives to close business or renew existing customers. At Zuora, the company mission for a Sales /Customer Success Engineer is to achieve a technical win over all competition and demonstrate how Zuora will allow the world’s largest companies to grow and become successful in The Subscription Economy.
As a Sales /Customer Success Engineer, you will get the unique opportunity to work with an enviable range of Enterprise/Strategic customers as we continue to grow our regional business.
- Work closely with the Sales Team in being the technical subject matter expert for Zuora and its application in the customers business and IT landscape.
- Analyze and understand customers objectives and the current business and technical situation in the respective context of the customer engagement.
- Manage the technical selling within the customer engagement sales process by meeting the customers decision criteria and differentiating against any competition.
- Create use case specific product demonstrations mapped to customers strategic objectives to address their business issues and show business value.
- Conduct presentations and workshops to decision makers and C-Level audiences on the Zuora platform.
- Create and contribute to RFX’s, Value Propositions, Value Assessments and PoCs as needed within each customer engagement
- Retain and grow the revenue for existing Zuora customers, owning renewal of customer base and churn target
- Anticipate customer's future needs and requirements by serving as the customer’s voice to the entire Zuora organization, including product, marketing, professional services and sales
- Serve as a key “Voice of the Customer” internally at Zuora, as well as serve as Executive Sponsor and key business partner for strategic customers.
- Work with customers to develop a success plan that outlines how Zuora adoption will address their critical needs both immediately and, in the future
- Create and contribute to reusable assets, demos, architectures, and solutions to share across the team.
- Display initiative, self motivation and deliver high quality results along with meeting all expectations for both internal and external customers.
Who you Are
The ideal candidate wants to be the go-to person for companies transitioning to the Subscription Economy. You’ll have technical / business experience in a client facing role, such as pre-sales or customer success or consulting, and must be self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and become an expert on the entire quote to cash cycle for modern recurring revenue enterprise businesses.
- 5+ years relevant experience in complex technical enterprise/strategic sales or IT business consulting or customer success preferably in similar or related solutions.
- Familiarity with quote to cash processes and supporting SaaS or related Cloud technologies.
- Understanding of subscription / recurring billing and respective challenges is highly desired.
- Understanding of the digital transformation agenda within modern businesses.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build and present robust product demos and compelling visions, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills needed to develop customer relationships by listening to, understanding and anticipating customer needs (Business and IT).
- Demonstrated strong consultative skills. Comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences as diverse as CIOs, Sales Operations, CFOs and Finance teams, COOs, CEOs and Line of Business Managers.
- Experience in process analysis and solution architectures.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, high growth and pressurised environment.
- Proven time management skills in a dynamic team environment.
- Inquisitive, passionate and able to grasp new technology concepts quickly and think creatively.
- Strong story-telling and value selling skills.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally.
- S. in Engineering / Computer Science or a related technology field is strongly preferred.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.