For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Our growth story is only just beginning and our UX Research team is pivotal in creating amazing product experiences across the globe. We are looking for a passionate and innovative researcher who is a creative problem-solver and advocate of our customers. You’ll define Zuora’s research frameworks to help create innovative products that customers love. We celebrate diversity and inclusion of all candidates. We believe our designs should be accessible to all users.
What you’ll do & achieve:
- Own and be accountable for every step in the research process, including recruiting, testing, analysis, documentation, and presentation of the findings
- Define and execute on end-to-end research strategy across multiple platforms based on customer needs, a strong understanding of business goals, and technical considerations
- Demonstrated ability in designing and leading qualitative and quantitative research to collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs, Amplitude data, online experiments (A/B testing), rapid prototype testing, remote IDIs and contextual inquiry with global enterprise customers of all levels of seniority, including C-level executives
- Relentlessly test hypothesis and assumptions during iterative rounds of testing while developing deep levels of customer empathy
- Able to create a succinct, high impact story that clearly articulates the customer problem, is data-backed and advocates for the voice of our customer when presenting cross functionally
- Document findings in impactful UX Deliverables including User Personas, Mental Model Maps, Journey Maps, User-flows, Data Visualization, etc.
- Confident communicator who drives clarity through creative and memorable storytelling to evangelize the findings and actionable insights
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and comparative/competitive landscape
- Oversee the work of researchers, assigning and reviewing tasks across specific domain areas and programs
- Inspire and coach cross-functional teams to think strategically on how research can drive delightful product experiences that improve usability and business outcomes
- Expert at improvising when moderating conversation with customers (current and future) by creatively leveraging stimulus or participatory activities to gain clarity on their mental model, expectations, motivations, and needs
- Champions research frameworks, methods, and best practices by providing guidance to leadership and mentoring team members with a strong understanding of industry trends
- Strong communication and relationship skills to influence cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, etc.
- Self-motivated to work in a fast-paced, iterative environment by managing multiple projects and expectations effectively
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 8+ years of proven success leading strategic user research projects and teams with demonstrated business impact in enterprise SaaS products across various platforms
- BA/BS degree and/or Masters/PhD in Human Computer Interaction or relevant field (Computer Science, Cognitive Science, UX Design, Psychology, or industry equivalent experience)
- Expert in using a wide range of digital UX research and ethnography tools with a strong understanding of when and how to apply different research methods during each product phase
- Ability to work well with ambiguity in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative data analysis to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Great communication, presentation, and storytelling ability. Strong interpersonal ability to build and sustain internal and external relationships with stakeholders and customers. Effective collaboration, prioritization and negotiation skills.
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple complex projects
- Nurture and grow your team’s talent through coaching and expanding their skills, knowledge and experience
- A strong portfolio which demonstrates both process and excellent research execution where it’s obvious you sweat the details, demonstrate a passion for solving complex customer problems, and continually want to improve the craft of research
- Demonstrated leadership in the field of UX research through talks, published papers, etc. is a plus
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com