About the role:
Zuora is looking for an energetic, organized, tech savvy technologist to join the summer 2019 internship program with the ZEO Corp Business Technology (BT) team. You will be assisting with daily IT operations as well as working on exciting projects, while bringing cutting-edge solutions to the Zuora team.
As a Zuora Corp BT member, you will gain a valuable understanding of how a market-leading SaaS company manages its Information Technology resources at a global scale. You will be part of the success story on a daily basis – heroically addressing challenging tech issues while learning how to methodically prevent them from happening again. You will learn from the masterminds of cloud technology about what it means to operate in the cloud. You will walk away with the knowledge and experience that will help you propel your career in a high-tech industry. So come and join the coolest team at Zuora.
- Troubleshoot networking issues; such as wired, wireless, WAN, etc.
- Work on network-security related projects; such as endpoint protection, firewalls, and remote-access VPNs.
- Manage authentication systems; such as AD, RADIUS, and TACACS.
- Work on new office and datacenter deployments.
- Assist with network-related issues in cloud deployments.
- Identify and document the gaps within the networking environment.
- Deploy out-of-band solutions for improved mean time to recovery times.
- Participate in the networking on-call schedule.
- Work with monitoring and alerting solutions to identify network issues.
- Familiarity with the OSI network model, and firm comprehension of networking fundamentals.
- Understand networking protocols; such as 802.11, 802.1x, BGP, DHCP, DNS, IPSEC, OSPF, etc.
- Experience with networking vendors, such as Cisco and Juniper.
- Experience with client-side networking, such as Apple and Windows.
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies.
- Comfortable working outside of a GUI – being able to handle APIs, command line, and scripting.
- Good troubleshooting skills – knowing how to look at problems end-to-end to better identify failures within a system.
- Love of technology.
- Strong work ethic.