GS EMEA Resource Management Coordinator Administrator – London
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world in every industry, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Toshiba, Xplornet and Zendesk. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Munich, Stockholm, Munich, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
The Resource Management Administrator (RM Admin) will manage the staffing and resource planning for our EMEA Center of Excellence Organization (Pool of Consultants). The RM Admin will work very closely with the COE Managers along with the Solution Delivery Managers or Practice Director to ensure proper staffing of resources. Regarding staffing from Zuora’s Delivery Partners (Subcontractors) the RM Admin will work strategically with the COE Managers to staff subcontractors as necessary on our projects. In addition, the RM Admin will support Global Project Management Office (GPMO) and Solution Delivery Manager.
The RM Admin will report to the GS EMEA Service VP.
The office location for the RM Admin is London.
- Resource Management:
- Plan the allocation of resources for specific service implementation projects to meet project requirements
- In preparation and conducting weekly regional staffing meetings act as a Facilitator – checking on capacity, overall allocation, do the minutes of meeting, update Salesforce Planner, etc.
- Preparing the weekly EMEA staffing meetings
- Weekly resource reporting – utilization and staffing per person, availability (or bench) reporting, variance reports, and other metrics as required by management
- Work directly with Solution Deliver Managers to fulfill all open resource needs
- Forecast supply and demand for given skills profiles
- Identify risk areas i.e. supply/demand, over/under staffed, shortage of a specific skill etc. and review these with internal stakeholders and Partner managers
- Actively participate in and facilitate Opportunity pipeline reviews for visibility on future projects
- Work directly with COE Management and Practice Director to address staffing requirements that cannot be filled internally and check for international Zuora resources (other non EMEA COE and Resource Managers) and / or to be subcontracted from Zuroa’s Delivery Partners
- Work with COE Managers to coordinate on-boarding new consultants to ensure a successful ramp up period
- The Resource Management Administrator should continuously be searching for innovation and improvements in the current staffing processes and the communication.
- Review current staffing processes, recommend improvements and drive the implementation and adoption of improvements in the staffing processes.
- Project Management Support:
- Support EMEA Global Project Management Office (GPMO) on reporting
- Support EMEA Solution Delivery Managers (SDM) in project updates in Salesforce on request (case by case)
- Support EMEA GPMO and EMEA SDM in weekly project review calls
- Provide weekly project reports for the EMEA Management team
- Actively participate in on-going process improvement discussions and activities
Skills and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Has minimum 5 years experience in resource planning, staffing technical resources and working with project management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Office Suite and Salesforce.com.
- Beneficial is experience in working with Professional Services Automation tools and ideally Financials Force’s PSA.
- The ideal candidate is a strong communicator in the international environment and can work in the organization upwards and sideways in the organization.
- The person supports the improvement for structure and processes and support the adoption in the organization.
- Desirable is working experience in a software vendor environment with a startup culture.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow defined process steps is required.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced start-up environment with conflicting priorities
- Ability to manage change effectively and with a positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn new programs or tools as rolled out by Services Operations