Hello world! We’re Zuora
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4.5+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
Zuora is looking for an Associate Technical Consultant to join our Billing Center of Excellence team to help Zuora customers embark on their subscription economy journey. As an associate, candidate will have an opportunity to develop his/her analytical, product, and technical skills needed around the Billing, Payments and Finance domains.
- Will take the Zuora technical consulting onboarding program and become a Zuora TC Certified consultant within 2 months of joining the COE.
- Will proactively and independently develop additional technical skills (i.e. learn new programming languages), as needed for projects.
- Develops the knowledge of the programming stack needed for simple to moderately complex projects.
- Is expected to stay up to date with technology trends.
- To develop code that meets the functionality specified by the Client and Zuora Solution Architect in the Statement-Of-Work and Functional Designs provided using industry and Zuora/Client code standards as per SA or senior resource guidance
- Writes unit tests per industry and Zuora/Client standards and Unit Tests all code before delivering to the Client with the help of Solution Architect or Senior Resource in the Project.
- Able to learn the skills required to translate business problems into technical solutions.
- Demonstrate proficiency by consistently delivering solutions on-time for simple to moderately complex project deliverables.
- Communicates (verbal and written) professionally and in the correct business form with team members and clients.
- Consults with more senior project team members to set appropriate priorities for project assignments (within a single project) and pro-actively communicates status to team members and clients.
- In most instances will be required to engage their functional manager to assist in setting priorities of deliverables.
- Pro-actively communicates with project team members with regards to events that might impact the timely delivery of assignments and competing project assignments.
- Able to effectively communicate with their Project Manager and team members to find solutions that minimize impacts to project schedules.
- Follows Zuora delivery methodology and may be assigned specific tasks to update or refresh content.
Required Experience and skills
Education & Essential Experience
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- No prior experience required (1 to 2 years of experience in working in resolving technical issues)
- Knowledge of Order to Cash business processes
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming, Software Analysis & Design
- Working knowledge of one or more current programming languages such as JAVA, C, C++, Python, C#, ASP.Net, API’s
- Good understanding of concepts related to SAAS and Cloud Computing
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Apex Programming will be an added advantage
- Self-learner & customer centric Attitude
- Should be quick to grasp requirements & collaborate with team members
- Ability to communicate product functionalities in business language to end users
- Ability to understand business functional areas & product issues
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating & resolving problems
- Able to work concurrently with multiple customers, adjust to changes in priorities, and respond quickly and effectively
- Ability to handle ambiguity and changing requirements
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.