Zuora is looking for a Senior Manager of Equity Compensation to join our team. It will be your job to oversee the accounting and financial aspects of our global equity compensation programs. This position reports directly to the Corporate Controller. The successful candidate will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to complete tasks under tight deadlines, work effectively with all levels of management, and outstanding organization and problem-solving skills.
About the Role
- Owner of the Equity Edge database and main interface with the Etrade/Equity Edge relationship
- Act as main point of contact for employee questions on equity
- Manage all tasks relating to the global stock administrative function including:
- Prepare and process stock options and restricted stock unit grants, cancellations, and exercises and releases on a timely basis for all employees and other option and equity holders
- Coordinate all global compliance for all programs including regulatory filings and tax reporting
- Prepare and distribute option and RSU grants globally
- Manage the global ESPP program
- Interact with transfer agent to ensure that trades are settled timely and initiate and reconcile DWAC transactions for Section 16 executives with 10b5-1 trading plans
- Manage, train and develop one senior stock administrator
- Management audits, tax code updates, creating workflows, etc.
- Partner with other team members on various tasks and objectives including:
- Provide NQ, ISO, RSU tax reports to Payroll
- Prepare monthly equity reconciliations for Accounting
- Various reporting to HR and legal
- Proactively automate where possible, including data feeds from/to Equity Edge and payroll systems
- Ensure that internal controls and procedures are followed to satisfy periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Participate in various projects and manage projects as needed
- Maintain Black-Scholes-Merton calculation for fair value, including periodic reassessment of the inputs to the calculation (volatility, risk-free rate, and expected term)
- Prepare the Company’s capitalization table, and update the rollforward of the stock option pool
- Process option exercises and assesses tax liabilities, if applicable
- Calculate basic and diluted weighted-average shares outstanding
- Prepare equity footnote disclosures to the financial statements
- Collaborate with outside vendors on administration of the equity incentive plans
- Document duties in standard operating procedures and ensure internal controls are maintained
- Provide exceptional customer service to all employees and stakeholders in the Company
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in San Mateo, in the heart of Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, San Francisco, San Jose, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.
- Strong organization skills: Able to multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines
- Strong, prompt and accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of materials and information
- Able to work independently and effectively with a range of individuals.
- Experience with NetSuite and Equity Edge and/or other equity administrative tool
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Business is required.
- 5-10 years’ experience working with a compensation and benefits capacity
- CEP candidate a plus