For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Zuora is looking for a skilled Quote-to-Revenue Operations Leader to join our Finance team.
As a Quote-to-Revenue Operations Leader, you will drive efficiencies for Zuora’s SaaS applications and solutions used internally. These internal systems include Zuora Billing and Revenue. This is a unique opportunity to drive efficiencies and best practices for processing subscription sales transactions, leveraging Zuora’s Quote-to-Revenue capabilities. You will collaborate heavily with Sales Operations, Deal Desk, Orders, Billing Operations, Collections and Revenue Teams as well as Business Technology to improve processes and drive change. This is a critical new role in a growing team and requires an exceptional leader. The successful candidate will be able to learn new processes quickly, adapt to ever-changing priorities, communicate effectively, and lead collaboratively across multiple functions. This leadership role will make a measurable impact on scaling the business as well as establishing best practices for Zuora and our customers.
What you will do and achieve:
- Lead with operational experience, streamlining quoting, orders and billing workflow automation.
- Advocate best practices for Quote-to-Revenue in a subscription, SaaS company.
- Drive data quality and governance practices.
- Develop trusted partnerships by representing the operational interests of all business stakeholders end-to-end (Sales Operations, Services Operations, Deal Desk, Billing Operations, and Revenue). Listen to all stakeholders, sensitive to their business concerns.
- Balance stakeholder priorities and requirements, negotiate interests, and harmonize competing agendas.
- Partner with Business Technology to drive process re-engineering and system automated workflow improvements leveraging the Zuora Billing and Revenue internally.
- Represent business in project managing for the Quote-to-Revenue
- Aggregate operational business requirements for scalability, identify dependencies, ensure approval and manage an execution plan.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing for system projects across all stakeholders.
- Drive decisions, priorities and accountability for the Quote-to-Revenue
- Lead the Quote-to-Revenue program and tie the vision to our company strategies.
- Serve as a key business voice to the broader business to understand the benefits of investment and improvements, representing the Quote-to-Revenue
- Support our Quote-to-Revenue teams, enforcing corporate policy under ASC 606 and established SOX controls.
- Build an exemplary Quote-to-Revenue program that our customers can successfully leverage in their own environments.
What you need to be successful:
- 8+ years Quote-to-Revenue operational experience in a Finance, Deals Desk or Sales Operations organization
- Advanced order management skills, including system process improvement experience
- Advanced skills with high transactional data workflow across various cloud-based solutions
- Success partnering with Business Technology to drive process re-engineering, data quality and system improvements
- Business Analyst experience, including aggregating business requirements, identifying dependencies, and executing an approved plan
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, listening, and communication skills across all levels
- Must have a cross functional team-oriented work ethic and the ability to adapt in an environment where change is the norm
- Experience using Zuora Billing and Revenue is a plus!
- Software as a Service (SaaS) and NetSuite experience is also a bonus
- Knowledge of revenue recognition, ASC 606 US GAAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field