Site Reliability Engineer
Hello world! We’re Zuora
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4.5+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), to work with other engineers on the team to improve the scalability and reliability of Zuora RevPro’s Revenue Recognition and Automation Software. You will be part of the Global SRE team, based in Chennai, India & San Jose, US.
- Improve and build upon our automation tools for systems provisioning, monitoring, trending, and management.
- Communicate effectively with fellow SREs and other engineering teams, and describe problems succinctly with sufficient detail that you can hand-off an ongoing problem to another team or a peer for completion.
- During a crisis, lead the effort to triage and mitigate
- Manage real-time communications during outages with both technical and non- technical audiences
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a global team maintaining the availability and performance of RevPro SaaS.
- Perform performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, continual improvement and capacity planning for production, virtualized environment
- Administrating Web Servers, Application Servers and Databases running applications.
- Develop policies and procedures that improve overall platform stability.
- Build relationships with development teams and technology leaders across the company
- Over 3-4 years of experience operating and managing services in a distributed, large scale environment.
- Expert knowledge in Oracle RDBMS system and strong troubleshooting skills and Problem Resolution.
- Strong systems architectural skills and knowledge in Design and build of Database systems. Develop solutions to meet or exceed requirements. Includes knowledge to perform software installations, upgrades, migrations and apply patches.
- Implementing Backup Solutions with native tools as well as RMAN
- Performance tuning, performance management, and capacity planning experience.
- Extensive Knowledge of UNIX, shell/Perl Scripting and kernel Parameters.
- Strong experience with Oracle database technologies and hands-on experience with the database administrations.
- Experience working SQL, PL/SQL code, and Oracle database performance tuning and optimization.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems and administration.
- Added advantage if any experience with working cloud platform like AWS, Azure, or Google
- Experience in handling production outages and root cause analysis
- Strong crisis management leadership ability; Experience with Incident management.
- Hands-on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Effective communication skills, whether talking to individual contributors or to executive management
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Experience with Unix/Linux system administration especially in RedHat/Ubuntu environment
- Experience with environmental monitoring in a 24/7 web application and e-commerce environments
- Demonstrate the ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams, and flowcharts.
- Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures, and standards relating to Systems management. May recommend process improvements.
- E. Degree in Computer Science, IT or other technical fields.
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.