Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is motivated to design, develop, test and operate cutting edge, large scalable and enterprise SaaS application.
- Working with product management, QE and other engineering teams to design, build and operate Zuora’s next generation RevPro product
- Design and develop highly flexible common components and APIs that enable product customizability and extensibility.
- Design and develop application components for scale.
- Understand the platform needs of other functional areas, and provide design and development assistance as required.
- Understand the needs of users and to build products that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Advocate for developing high quality software and promote best practices to produce reliable, maintainable and fault tolerant software.
- Raise the bar on engineering practices and code quality.
- Help with Zuora’s transition to micro-service and cloud-based architecture.
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant degree.
- 8+ years software development experience specializing in enterprise SaaS software
- Solid programming background in Java, Python or another object oriented language
- Strong database and SQL knowledge including Oracle, PL/SQL, Postgres or MySQL
- Have designed and built web applications and possess expertise in related concepts like web services, SOA, RPC (REST, gRPC, Thrift) and API design.
- In depth knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and design patterns and their applications.
- Hands-on experience in cloud and devops technologies (Docker, Terraform, AWS services)
- Knows how to implement and operate performant and scalable distributed systems, particularly a SaaS product.
- Exposure to big data and NoSQL technologies.
- Familiarity with web applications and UI concepts like AJAX, SPA, sessions etc.
- Good verbal and written communication.