Department: Engineering & TechOps
External Job Title: Engineering & TechOps Program Manager
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Zuora is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Program Manager to join the Global PMO supporting the Technology team. Technology Program Managers track program deliverables across multiple teams and uses foundational project management principles to create operating models for highly complex programs. This individual should be a highly motivated, strategic thinker who can guide, inspire, coach, and mentor our engineering teams who is also comfortable getting their hands dirty. The Program Manager must be extremely organized, with solid strategic planning, resource allocation and outcome-based measurement skills. They must be able to balance competing priorities, have demonstrated project management experience, and approach challenges with flexibility and a positive approach.
The ideal candidate has a love for the craft of program management in a servant leader role and can operate in a process development role, portfolio management role, program management role and scrum master role with the ability to identify the best role to suit the assignment, team or project and the flexibility to adjust in real time.
- Actively drive the enhancement of project management processes, tooling and templates to improve the operating model maturity of a scaling product ecosystem and transforming technology organization.
- Drive programs through all phases of the Program Management Lifecycle, including functional and technical design, quality strategy definition, estimation, planning, tracking, risk management, release readiness, documentation, material program changes, key decisions and cross team dependencies.
- Create an operating model to tap into scrum team activities to track committed work (projects, features, stories, milestones) and release content without being in the day to day activities of the team.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Identify and manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Provide objective, transparent, accurate, timely status reports and program summaries to stakeholders including scope/schedule/quality risks, project status, resource allocation and customer impact.
- Perform project evaluations and transform lessons learned to actionable improvements.
Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated success leading large technology transformational initiatives with enterprise level impact via business process definition and operationalization.
- Direct work experience in a technical program management capacity to drive large, complex technical initiatives including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Extensive experience driving change and fostering a continuous process improvement culture; previous experience with process development, process transformation leadership with a proven track record of rolling out program management concepts to teams; via templates, processes, tooling, methodologies.
- Solid project management background in commercial software development and delivery; no less than 8 years experience as a project management professional with at least 3 years experience as Scrum Master and at least 2 years operating in a micro-service architecture and a micro-service software development environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or experience in a related technical discipline.
- Ability to crisply articulate project status at executive level and team level both verbally and with program dashboards, reports and communication.
- Ability to identify and analyze issues and summarize problem statements and proactively work across the organization to drive issues to closure.
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated; self-starter. Can operate with some level of ambiguity; knows when to dig in, do research, pull information together to drive issues to ground.
- Extensive planning experience of complex systems; can demonstrate deep understanding of incremental delivery models.
- Excellent project planning skills; can drive teams through all stages of project initiation, concept, high level planning, detail estimation, etc to build project implementation and delivery plans.
- Proven track record of managing multiple major and concurrent projects/programs executed through multiple geographic locations involving cross functional teams
- Detail oriented; strives for excellence of quality and accuracy of data in all deliverables.
- Strong teamwork; team building skills and ability to influence; builds relationships/community within teams.
- High energy; desire to constantly learn; thrives in a rapidly changing environment.
- Direct experience working with software engineering leadership, technical teams and individual contributors
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle for enterprise commercial software delivery; experience in release management; change control and quality assurance processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- JIRA & Confluence experience
- PMP desired (if not certified; plan/desire to be certified), CSM desired
- Experience with micro service/SOA architecture, AWS or Public cloud experience;
- Billing, Payment, Commerce, Platform, DevOps system/app experience
- Experience with rapid release; multiple release train delivery and change orchestration
- Prior experience as a software developer or quality assurance engineer a plus
- Experience leading organizational transformation initiatives
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com