Senior Security Operations Engineer
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
Zuora is looking for Security Engineer to join our Security Operations program to drive securing and hardening Zuora’s rapidly growing infrastructure. As Security Engineer you will have the opportunity to develop your analytical, strategic, and technical skills around cloud focused security foundation.
- Monitor active threats, analyze them and come up with remediation control plan.
- Run threat hunting expeditions and proactively guide threat hunts and report on detected or expected suspicious and malicious IOCs
- Leverage, operationalize, and benefit from frameworks like the cyber kill chain, MITRE attack, as well as other frameworks like OpenIOC and STIX
- Proactively and iteratively detect, isolate, and neutralize advanced threats that evade automated security solutions
- Track cyber criminals and discover methods of initial compromise, lateral movement, pivoting, persistence, privilege escalation, and defense evasion
- Anticipating and remediating key security gaps or risks that could be disruptive to the environment (e.g. unauthorized access, privilege escalation, or data exfiltration)
- Identify new security threats by conducting continuous monitoring, vulnerability assessments and log analysis
- Participate in breach and attack simulation activities and run blue/red team engagements
- Respond to all security incidents and manage end-to-end incident response lifecycle.
- Publish various SOC KPIs to broader group and drive continuous improvement
- Partner with SecDevOps and Security Engineering to automate security remediations
- Collaborate cross-functionally and engage with all levels of leadership to gather requirements, build appropriate cloud security technology roadmaps and implementation plans.
- Maintain strong awareness of events in the external community to identify threats and opportunities for enhancement.
- Evaluate, test, implement and support third party security tools
Required Experience and skills
Education & Essential Experience
- MS or Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent desired
- 2+ Years of experience in related areas (Threat Hunting, Threat Analysis, Security Incident Response Experience)
- 6+ Years of industry experience in Security fields
- Security Certifications like CEH, CISSP, CISA are preferred
- AWS/Public Cloud experience is a plus
- Knowledge in any scripting language like: Python, Perl, Shell etc.
- Threat Hunting, Threat Detection, Vulnerability Management, & remediation techniques
- Key security protocol fundamentals
- Security Controls & Tools for AWS Public Cloud Services
- Self-starter, Customer Centric Attitude
- High Collaboration and Influence Skills
- Willingness to mentor other members within internal or external team
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and complexity to all audiences
- Tolerant of Ambiguity and Changing Environment