Here at Zuora we pride ourselves on having the best customers, the most impressive investors, the most comprehensive ecosystem, and the only true SaaS-based application leading the subscription economy. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor with a company that is poised for success, and set on a trajectory for huge growth. Zuora China is building a world-class organization, and carries out critical work in Research & Development, Quality Engineering, Program Management, and Global Support in order to better meet the increasing demand of a fast-growing customer base.
Are you interested in solving complex business problems with cutting edge technologies, designing generic solutions for wide-ranging business requirements and building mission-critical SaaS systems to be used by large Enterprise companies? Are you inspired to see how Zuora is innovating and powering Subscription Economy?
Come and join Zuora Engineering!
- Working with product management and other engineering teams to design, build and operate Zuora’s next generation products, including Order/Subscriptions, Billing, Payments, Finance and Revenue products.
- Design and develop highly flexible common components and APIs that enable product customizability and extensibility.
- Understand the platform needs of other functional areas, and provide design and development guidance as required.
- Understand the needs of users and build products that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Advocate for best practices to produce reliable, maintainable and fault tolerant software.
- Own system architecture, performance and scalability.
- Mentor other engineers and help build a high performance engineering team.
- Provide thought leadership in Zuora’s transition to a micro-service and cloud based architecture.
- Raise the bar on engineering practices and code quality.
- Love solving hard problems and building solid solutions.
- Self motivated, takes ownership to drive tasks to completion.
- Curious and eager to learn, experiment and try new things.
- A leader and influencer that has the respect of team members because of your knowledge and expertise.
- Disciplined self-starter, able to be highly productive both working alone and in close collaboration within an agile development team.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant education/experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- 8+ years software development experience specializing in backend, platform, or infrastructure development in Java, C++ or another object oriented language
- Strong database knowledge. Knows SQL and NoSQL as well as when to use each.
- Have designed and built web applications and possess expertise in related concepts like web services, SOA, RPC (REST, gRPC, Thrift) and API design.
- Good knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Can take ambiguous requirements in complex domains and distill them down into actionable tasks.
- Have great ideas, and can run with them to produce great results.
- Hands-on experience in cloud and devops technologies (Docker, Terraform, AWS services)
- Knows how to implement and operate performant and scalable distributed systems, particularly a SaaS product.
- Track record to delivering complex, cross team initiatives.
- Exposure to functional programming paradigms.
- Familiarity with web applications and UI concepts like AJAX, SPA, sessions etc.