Here at Zuora we pride ourselves on having the best customers, the most impressive investors, the most comprehensive ecosystem, and the only true SaaS-based application leading the subscription economy. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor with a company that is poised for success, and set on a trajectory for huge growth. Zuora China is aggressively building a world-class organization, and carries out critical work in Research & Development, Quality Engineering, Program Management, and Global Support in order to better meet the increasing demand of a fast-growing customer base.
Are you interested in solving complex business problems with cutting edge technologies, designing generic solutions for wide-ranging business requirements and building mission-critical SaaS systems to be used by large Enterprise companies? Are you excited about Big Data technology, Cloud technology and microservice architecture? Are you inspired to see how Zuora is innovating and powering Subscription Economy?
Come and join Zuora Engineering!
- Working with product management and other engineering teams to design, build and operate Zuora’s next generation products, including Order/Subscriptions, Billing, Payments, Finance and Revenue products.
- Design and develop highly flexible common components and APIs that enable product customizability and extensibility.
- Understand the platform needs of other functional areas, and provide design and development guidance as required.
- Understand the needs of users and build products that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Advocate for best practices to produce reliable, maintainable and fault tolerant software.
- Own system architecture, performance and scalability.
- Mentor other engineers and help build a high performance engineering team.
- Provide thought leadership in Zuora’s transition to a micro-service and cloud based architecture.
- Raise the bar on engineering practices and code quality.
- Love solving hard problems and building solid solutions.
- Self motivated, takes ownership to drive tasks to completion.
- Curious and eager to learn, experiment and try new things.
- A leader and influencer that has the respect of team members because of your knowledge and expertise.
- Disciplined self-starter, able to be highly productive both working alone and in close collaboration within an agile development team.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant education/experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- 10+ years software development experience specializing in backend, platform, or infrastructure development in Java, C++ or another object oriented language
- Strong database knowledge. Knows SQL and NoSQL as well as when to use each.
- Have designed and built web applications and possess expertise in related concepts like web services, SOA, RPC (REST, gRPC, Thrift) and API design.
- Good knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Can take ambiguous requirements in complex domains and distill them down into actionable tasks.
- Have great ideas, and can run with them to produce great results.
- Hands-on experience in cloud and devops technologies (Docker, Terraform, AWS services)
- Knows how to implement and operate performant and scalable distributed systems, particularly a SaaS product.
- Track record to delivering complex, cross team initiatives.
- Exposure to functional programming paradigms.
- Familiarity with web applications and UI concepts like AJAX, SPA, sessions etc.