OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
THE OPPORTUNITY (AKA: Why you want this role over any other out there)
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who is motivated to lead the architecture, design and development of cutting edge, large scalable and enterprise SaaS applications.
OUR TECH STACK: Java, Spring, Rest API, Microservices, Kafka, Spark, NodeJS, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, AngularJS
- Drive culture of innovation to positively impact all of engineering.It covers driving code coverage to shipping a product on time, setting best practices framework and building industrialized reusable software components.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, frequent changes and always find opportunity in uncertainty without worrying about social acceptance by demonstrating conviction to build better products and long term vision.
- Lead technical discussions, design and challenge status quo to recommend the optimal path forward where all engineers may or may not agree.
- Use your experience and knowledge to influence better software design, promote robust software engineering and bug prevention strategies, testability and security
- Actively participate in the development process through writing and maintain application features and automated tests including unit tests, component tests, integration tests, functional tests,
- Partner with DevSecOps team to drive secure, consistent, reliable delivery by driving consistent process of PRs, code reviews, Secure coding practices.
- Collaborate with scrum teams to improve team's test coverage, sprint’s velocity and reduce bug-escape ratios.
- Participate in application code and test code reviews with rest of the Scrum team
- Took ownership of entire feature from concept to deployment working on cross-functional activities and mentor junior engineers
- Contribute ideas to improve products as well as develop his/her skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn
- This role requires more than 50% time to work on keyboard (writing code)
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant degree.
- Front end: Good experience in Angular JS ( 2nd priority skills)
- Middleware: Strong and extensive experience in building highly scalable web applications using Java, Webservices, Microservices with ActiveMQ and SprintBoot
- Backend: Strong experience in Oracle, PostgreSQL and good SQL skills
- Extensive experience in Frameworks like Spring Core/MVC, Testing frameworks like JUnit/Mockito/Spring Test, Tools like Swagger/Git/Jenkins/uDeploy/Docker/Kubernetes/Ant etc.
- Experienced in building highly scalable web applications and software quality (Test tools like SOAPUI/SOAtest/Selenium etc.), by owning both functional requirements of the product and also the non functional requirements
- Active Open-Source projects, building libraries, tools and utilities, platform components-must have GitHub profiles to share.
- Experience/Knowledge of cloud hyperscalers like AWS, Azure OR Google Cloud.
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies, ceremonies & agile practitioner
- Strong programming skills across technology components including API Services development and consumption using modern frameworks and open source technologies.
- The ability to code in more than one programming language and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Deep understanding of building secure software using modern security principles. High level of awareness of attacks and mastering your defenses with secure coding practices.
- Ability to blend development with testing by participating in quality efforts.
- Test Automation validation using Selenium / REST ASSURED framework
- Able to work with remote teams based out in multiple locations.
- Have strong communication skills complemented with right technical skills to drive meaningful discussions.
- interested in learning new technologies and how to adopt them with quick prototyping & “Fail Fast’ Approach
- Continuously mastering & refining data structures classes, sorting and searching algorithms to drive exponential performance improvements.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and value different opinions.
- The Expertise we’re looking for
- 11+ years of software engineering experience in a hands on manner
- At Least 2+ years of leading a team of at least 3-4 developers
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.