Senior Tools Engineer
Here at Zuora we pride ourselves on having the only true SaaS-based application leading the subscription economy. This is your chance to get on-board with a company that is poised for success and set on a trajectory for huge growth. Zuora is aggressively building a world-class organization, and carries out critical work in Research & Development, Quality Engineering, Program Management, and Global Support in order to better meet the increasing demand of a fast-growing customer base.
Are you interested in architecting and implementing a microservice infrastructure in AWS and Kubernetes, designing tools for building mission-critical SaaS systems to be used by large Enterprise companies? Are you excited about Cloud technology and empowering developers? Are you inspired to see how Zuora is innovating and powering Subscription Economy?
Come and join Zuora Infrastructure Engineering!
- Working with your tools engineering teammates, software development teams, security and tech ops to design, build and operate the tooling to power Zuora’s next generation products, including Order/Subscriptions, Billing, Payments, Finance and Revenue products.
- Design and develop flexible build systems and CI/CD tools supporting micro-service and monolith applications.
- Enable developers to easily take advantage of effective logging, monitoring, alerting, security scans and other key components of a healthy software ecosystem.
- Understand the needs of developers and other stakeholders and build tools that are powerful, support best practices and are easy to use.
- Advocate for best practices to produce reliable, maintainable and fault tolerant software and build those practices into the tools.
- Help with Zuora’s transition to micro-service and cloud-based architecture.
- Raise the bar on engineering practices and code quality.
- Excited to improve the lives of other software developers by making it easier for them to do their jobs well.
- Interested in designing and building a state-of-the-art microservice development platform.
- Love solving hard problems and building useful tools.
- Self-motivated, take ownership to drive tasks to completion.
- Curious and eager to learn, experiment and try new things.
- Disciplined self-starter, able to be highly productive both working alone and in close collaboration within an agile development team.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant education/experience.
- Good verbal and written English communication.
- Software development experience specializing in tools or DevOps.
- Hands-on experience in cloud and devops tools and technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, AWS).
- Have great ideas, and can run with them to produce great results.
- Experience with connecting, securing, controlling, and observing services deployed in container orchestration systems e.g. Kubernetes and Istio.
- Experience with Kafka, git, logging preferably ELK, metrics, configuration management tools such as Ansible or Puppet, Python.
- Experience with (and passion for) working with developers as customers.