Hello world! We’re Zuora
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4.5+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who is motivated to lead the architecture, design and development of cutting edge, large scalable and enterprise SaaS application.
- Participate in the next generation architecture and technology choices for Zuora’s flagship product RevPro and help lead the design and development of a RevPro subsystem.
- Working with product management, QE and other engineering teams to design, build and operate Zuora’s next generation RevPro product
- Design and develop highly flexible common components and APIs that enable product customizability and extensibility.
- Understand the platform needs of other functional areas, and provide design and development assistance as required.
- Understand the needs of users and to build products that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Advocate for developing high quality software and promote best practices to produce reliable, maintainable and fault tolerant software.
- Raise the bar on engineering practices and code quality.
- Help with Zuora’s transition to micro-service and cloud-based architecture.
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant degree.
- 10+ years software development experience specializing in enterprise SaaS software
- Hands on programming background in Java, Python or another object oriented language
- Strong database and SQL knowledge including Oracle, PL/SQL, Postgres or MySQL
- Solid experience in messaging platforms such as Kafka
- Have designed and built web applications and possess expertise in related concepts like web services, SOA, RPC (REST, gRPC, Thrift) and API design.
- In depth knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and design patterns and their applications.
- Hands-on experience in cloud and devops technologies (Docker, Terraform, AWS services)
- Knows how to implement and operate performant and scalable distributed systems, particularly a SaaS product.
- Exposure to big data and NoSQL technologies.
- Good verbal and written communication.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.