Cloud Governance Manager/Director
The Cloud Governance Manager/Director is responsible for the planning and implementation of Cloud strategies for services within our various Cloud environments including guidance on deployment best practices, governance and cost-management policies. This also includes coordinating the design and implementation of software and tools to support those best practices.
The ideal candidate is an independent leader with strong technical skills and great collaboration skills needed for rolling out changes and governance policies across engineering and operations teams for Cloud implementations, with emphasis on AWS Cloud offerings. This person will work closely with our finance, engineering and Techops groups to optimize and report our on our AWS spend.
- Define and maintain Cloud strategy around services architecture, tagging standards and governance, and tools and services to create efficient Cloud operations
- Work with engineering, operations and devops teams to design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, reliable, and cost effective solutions on Amazon Web Services
- Manage data and cost goals on AWS spend and create executive reporting cadence which keeps our leadership and executive informed on progress on AWS cost goals
- Manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes, backups, ensuring AWS service offerings provide highly available services
- Work with Governance and Security teams to implement Cloud service best practices
- Manage, and maintain a suite of tools to automate operational processes and govern AWS resources
- Continually research and roll out new features for engineering teams to use allowing for efficient and scalable architectures for their AWS services
- Central point of contact for questions related to AWS services, best practices and governance
- Give guidance and recommendation on AWS Reserved Instance best practices and purchases working with our technical and finance teams
- This person must be familiar with standard concepts around tagging standards, rightsizing best practices, infrastructure-as-code practices, and elastic architecture designs.
- Candidate must have 10+ years experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services; Good knowledge of most widely used AWS services offered
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Cloud metrics and cost tool experience required
- Strong experience with multiple AWS services beyond traditional IaaS
- AWS services experience required primarily from a governance perspective
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject