For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behaviour, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Zuora is seeking a Senior Application Support Engineer to join our growing Global Support team in the Tokyo office. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background who is able to troubleshoot complex software applications and has excellent communication skills. Does that sound like you? If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Provide outstanding technical support to Zuora customers based in Japan and globally.
- Answer product questions, report defects, troubleshoot, and do whatever it takes to resolve customer issues.
- Work closely with engineering and product management teams to advocate for the customer and drive improvements to product functionality.
- Own and drive customer issues from start to finish.
- Become a product expert from both a business and technical standpoint.
- Actively participate in our online Zuora Community, learning about customer pain points, answering customer questions, and posting solution articles in your domain of expertise.
- Handle urgent escalation issues, ensuring we accurately prioritize based on severity and customer impact.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. We will also consider other technical experience.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years application support experience (SaaS experience a plus).
- Native Japanese speaker and intermediate English language skills or above. This position is focused on supporting Japanese customers, but you will also frequently use English when communicating with global customers and with your colleagues across Zuora.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to adjust to the technical level of the audience and explain complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work with a global team and build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Positive attitude and the ability to overcome adversity; ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Strong desire and ability to continually learn new skills, processes, technologies, and product knowledge. You will learn something new every day!
- Experience with billing or financial enterprise applications.
- Experience as a developer or QA engineer in an agile development environment.