Title: Application Support Engineer – CPQ
SAN MATEO or SAN FRANCISCO
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 900 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet, and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai, and Tokyo.
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer – CPQ to join our Customer Support Services & Community Team, to provide in-depth Technical Support for our Zuora Zuora for Salesforce Application suit.
Our vision is simple, to provide all customers just-in-time solutions empowering them to operate and grow their subscription business.
Why would you apply for Zuora Customer Support?
– If you are a self-motivated individual that loves to take the challenge as part of building a career, this is the right position for you. You will be challenged on a daily basis to understand our customers’ use cases and provide the best solutions – the learning will never stop!
– We offer continuous career development and knowledge training.
– Our management team grows and motivates individuals through coaching and mentoring, creating a rewarding and challenging work atmosphere.
As an integral member of our Customer Support organization, our ideal candidate will be an escalation point for support and the bridge between the Customer Success and Engineering organizations. The Application Support Engineer – CPQ will partner effectively with the Engineering group to investigate and help resolve complex issues with our CPQ product. This is a perfect position for someone who is passionate about providing product support to our customers and partners. As the subject matter is highly technical and sophisticated in nature, this position requires an individual with technical prowess and impressive customer-facing skills.
What you’ll be doing…
– Provide Level 1 and 2 customer support for our CPQ product suite
– Serve as the CPQ subject matter expert and resource for team members
– Handle sensitive escalation issues and conflicting/competing priorities
– Provide feedback and prioritize to the Product organization on feature requests and bug fixes
– Define, coordinate, and prioritize customer feedback and ideas into engineering and product requirements for future enhancements. Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to implement these enhancements
– Document ticket solutions into Community articles and moderate discussion boards
– Become broadly versed in additional Zuora products
– Participate in 24/7 global coverage plan, including weekend on-call and holiday coverage
– Self-motivated to build your application knowledge and troubleshooting skill on a regular basis
– Provide technical mentorship to peers and various support team members.
– Understand and Adhere to existing support processes to protect predefined SLA.
Who You Are…
– BA/BS/MS (or equivalent) in a related discipline
– Experienced. Relevant and proven experience supporting enterprise-level, mission-critical applications in a customer-facing role. A minimum of 5 – 10 years of proven success in enterprise application support and customer service (experience with SaaS would be awesome!)
– Problem Solver with Technical Aptitude and troubleshooting skills. Experience in troubleshooting, and triage with one or more Customer Relationship Management Solution (such as Oracle, SalesForce.com, SAP, Siebel or other CPQ software)
– Integration knowledge with Salesforce.com components including but not limited to API’s, APEX Web Services, Apex Call Outs, outbound messaging, SSO, and data loaders
– Understanding of the configuration of SFDC and portals including but not limited to developing custom objects, work-flow business rules, and validation rules
– Experience working in/supporting RDBMS platforms such as MySQL and MSSQL – must know how to run and understand SQL queries in a relational database system.
Demeanor. The ability to retain composure under stressful conditions communicates effectively.