Title: Application Support Engineer – CPQ (Configure Price Quote)
Locations: San Mateo, San Francisco, Atlanta
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer – CPQ to join our Customer Support Services & Community Team, to provide in-depth Technical Support for our Zuora Zuora for Salesforce Application suit.
Our vision is simple, to provide all customers just-in-time solutions empowering them to operate and grow their subscription business.
Why would you apply for Zuora Customer Support?
– If you are a self-motivated individual that loves to take the challenge as part of building a career, this is the right position for you. You will be challenged on a daily basis to understand our customers’ use cases and provide the best solutions – the learning will never stop!
– We offer continuous career development and knowledge training.
– Our management team grows and motivates individuals through coaching and mentoring, creating a rewarding and challenging work atmosphere.
As an integral member of our Customer Support organization, our ideal candidate will be an escalation point for support and the bridge between the Customer Success and Engineering organizations. The Application Support Engineer – CPQ will partner effectively with the Engineering group to investigate and help resolve complex issues with our CPQ product. This is a perfect position for someone who is passionate about providing product support to our customers and partners. As the subject matter is highly technical and sophisticated in nature, this position requires an individual with technical prowess and impressive customer-facing skills.
What you’ll be doing…
– Provide Level 1 and 2 customer support for our CPQ product suite
– Serve as the CPQ subject matter expert and resource for team members
– Handle sensitive escalation issues and conflicting/competing priorities
– Provide feedback and prioritize to the Product organization on feature requests and bug fixes
– Define, coordinate, and prioritize customer feedback and ideas into engineering and product requirements for future enhancements. Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to implement these enhancements
– Document ticket solutions into Community articles and moderate discussion boards
– Become broadly versed in additional Zuora products
– Participate in 24/7 global coverage plan, including weekend on-call and holiday coverage
– Self-motivated to build your application knowledge and troubleshooting skill on a regular basis
– Provide technical mentorship to peers and various support team members.
– Understand and Adhere to existing support processes to protect predefined SLA.
Who You Are…
– BA/BS/MS (or equivalent) in a related discipline
– Experienced. Relevant and proven experience supporting enterprise-level, mission-critical applications in a customer-facing role. A minimum of 5 – 10 years of proven success in enterprise application support and customer service (experience with SaaS would be awesome!)
– Problem Solver with Technical Aptitude and troubleshooting skills. Experience in troubleshooting, and triage with one or more Customer Relationship Management Solution (such as Oracle, SalesForce.com, SAP, Siebel or other CPQ software)
– Integration knowledge with Salesforce.com components including but not limited to API’s, APEX Web Services, Apex Call Outs, outbound messaging, SSO, and data loaders
– Understanding of the configuration of SFDC and portals including but not limited to developing custom objects, work-flow business rules, and validation rules
– Experience working in/supporting RDBMS platforms such as MySQL and MSSQL – must know how to run and understand SQL queries in a relational database system.
Demeanor. The ability to retain composure under stressful conditions communicates effectively.
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com