For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
The Manager Customer Success Operations and & Strategy will be responsible for partnering with the success leadership team to identify areas of opportunity & inefficiency, provide recommendations to drive improvement in those areas, and champion consistently improving business performance.
The impact of this role is analytical problem-solving, leading a high-performing team, partnering with senior cross-functional leaders and engaging the SaaS customer journey alongside overall business growth.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be driven, curious, intelligent and deeply passionate about Customer Success. This is a demanding role that requires strong priority management and interpersonal skills.
- Own the Customer Success program, process, team enablement, data insights and tracking with the goal of improving the customer journey for our customers
- Own and lead CS playbook formation and activation across the Zuora product offerings, driven by CS data & insights (ie product analytics, automated customer outreach, consumption metrics, integrations, etc)
- Build & drive process, change management, systematic practice and tooling for Customer Success across product lines
- Guide key cross-functional relationships as the owner-in-team of customer engagement KPIs including renewal/churn indicators, growth & usage trends and CSM performance metrics
- Be a confident, hands-on organizational visionary with the ability to do the work, as well– you can see what needs to be done and work backwards to drive execution based on data
- Coordinate with Customer Success and cross functional leaders and earn credibility through your expertise on process and systems as a strong communicator and effective influencer.
- Lead with creative problem solving, and leverage data to drive influence and strategy while thinking of systems holistically
Experience and skills you have:
- Multi year experience of hands-on Customer Operations, or Customer Success
- Seasoned and mature strategy & analytics leadership working alongside senior executives (e.g. C-suite and Director/VP)
- Experience with sales, customer success, business operations or professional services in a strategic or operational role
- Track record of creating and delivering high profile strategic projects within a business, across functions and/or on global teams
- Able to drive change management, build aligned tooling and develop methods to measure and systemize CS KPIs for internal teams and customers
- Have led or influenced high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment
- Have experience in a continually changing environment where you are agile and able to adjust strategies and realign priorities
- Proven your ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Experience with Success technology tooling (eg Salesforce, Gainsight, CS tools etc.)
- College degree, MBA or equivalent preferred
- Love of SaaS and fast-growth tech