Customer Success Manager
We are seeking a proven Customer Success professional to build, lead and scale a best-in-class Customer Success function to support Zuora’s growth ambitions: to be the company to whom the world’s best companies turn to for driving the technology and business transformations necessary to win in the Subscription Economy.
You will build lasting relationships with our most important clients from successful launches to identification of new use cases, and ongoing strategic support that increases satisfaction, maximizes the Zuora experience and ultimately drives revenue retention and growth. We win when our customers win.
As our Customer Success Manager you will manage day-to-day operational and long term strategic business relationships with Zuora’s strategic customers. The CSM promotes adoption of Zuora’s products and services and positions Zuora to meet the current and future business requirements of our customers. The CSM will also play a critical role in managing customer escalations and proactively communicating upcoming product changes and enhancements. Cultivating key customers as Zuora advocates in the Zuora community and subscription economy is a requirement for this role.
The CSM will have excellent working relationships with other representatives of Zuora who will be active within their account(s). Specifically, a strong collaborative partnership with the Sales, Support, Services and Product teams will be key to this role. The CSM is a positive advocate for the customer within Zuora and will be a professional representative at all times in this post-sale role.
The keys to success in this role are the ability to facilitate work sessions with all levels in a customer organization, troubleshoot to identify gaps between best practice and actual usage of Zuora, and clearly communicate recommendations that enable the customer to fully adopt Zuora in order to grow their business in the Subscription Economy. Join us and make shift happen!
What you’ll do & achieve:
- Support customers coming out of implementation and launch and assist with accelerating time to revenue for the customer and Zuora.
- Retain and grow the revenue for existing Zuora customers, owning renewal of customer base and churn target.
- Engage with the regional sales organizations to ensure proper positioning and engagement of Zuora’s Customer Success management.
- Partner with sales leadership to build strong processes and engagement frameworks that will ultimately grow Zuora revenue via upsells while providing an ideal customer experience.
- Define operational metrics, objectives and key results for the organization. Achieve operational excellence by continuous measurement and communication of these to peers and leadership.
- Standardize CSM customer engagement and measure its impact at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Serve as a key “Voice of the Customer” internally at Zuora, as well as serve as Executive Sponsor and key business partner for strategic customers.
- Conduct optimization workshops to document business processes, identify opportunities for improvements and gaps in best practices, and create and present recommendations to customers who have deployed Zuora Billing and Revpro.
- Serve as a Zuora business process expert in the Subscription Economy to help customers optimize and grow their business
- Anticipate customer's future needs and requirements by servicing as the customer’s voice to the entire Zuora organization, including product, marketing, professional services and sales
- Work with customers to develop a success plan that outlines how Zuora adoption will address their critical needs both immediately and, in the future,
- Trusted Advisor for key business owners and executives including CxOs
- Cultivate relationships with key customer roles from functional owners to senior management
- Proactively communicate platform capabilities and product changes[LR2]
- Possesses the ability to interface with C-level executives to drive program strategy and ROI
- Proactively identify where and how Zuora capabilities can deliver incremental business value
- Frequent multi-level communications through executive business reviews, QBRs
- Aligns the customer roadmap to business value, Zuora best practice benchmark data current Zuora capabilities and future product direction.
- Recommend solutions to changing client requirements and emergent problems by carefully identifying and assessing all risks and benefits of possible approaches
- Build account expansion and retention plan with Account Executive with clear objectives, requirements and action plan that delineates roles, responsibilities and target timelines with the aim of driving value within their current contract with Zuora.
- Ensure satisfactory resolution of Zuora-related technical issues, including coordination of cross-departmental Zuora resources (e.g., Support, Professional Services engagements)
- Make recommendations and manage communication plans between Zuora and its clients’ organizations
- Drives adoption through innovation, product demonstration and customer alignment
- Serves as a liaison to other Zuora resources in Product, Services, and Sales, as needed
- Defines and executes a Success Plan addressing conflict along the way
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 4+ Years in a customer-facing or Customer Success role within an enterprise software or software-as-a-service organisation.
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical, process-oriented mindset and a data-based approach to decision making and assessment
- A passion for Customer Engagement and service mentality
- Proven record of creating and maintaining business partnerships and relationships “do-er” mentality with a hands-on, passionate, curious, persistent approach and the grit to get things done
- Resourceful and creative troubleshooting skills in order to provide optimal business or technical solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with an ability to work cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external clients
- Demonstrated effectiveness at facilitating workshops as well as excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Outstanding presentation development and delivery skills, with the ability to inform, influence and impact all levels of management
- Excel in a collaborative, team environment while able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and requests
- A high degree of organization, efficiency, urgency and follow through on program planning and execution
- Proven ability to present technical concepts effectively to diverse stakeholder groups and to engage effectively with senior executives of large enterprises on both technical and business topics
- Experience working with a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team and customer base.
- Travel up to 40% of the time (including some possible international travel)