Customer Success Manager – Renewals
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
The Renewals Manager is responsible for owning and executing a portfolio of renewal contracts in an assigned territory. The ideal Renewal Manager is an experienced professional with a full understanding of the SaaS contracting space. They are responsible for minimizing financial attrition, locking in favorable terms with our clients, identifying growth and providing insights to the business that improve future outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be driven, curious, intelligent and deeply passionate about renewals. You will remove barriers to customer retention and collaborate with the broader sales and customer success team to deliver a high value customer experience at time of renewal. This is a demanding role that requires strong priority management and interpersonal skills.
- Be a member of the global renewals team, contributing to the success of both the team and Zuora as a whole
- Leverage customer data, analytics, insights, and behavior to assess the health of each renewal well in advance
- Take ownership of renewal opportunities, forecasting, negotiation and engaging internal resources to close renewals prior to contract expiration
- Accurately maintain/update a rolling forecast of your territory and communicate any renewal risk to internal resources in order to develop solutions
- Identify up-sell or cross-sell opportunities within each account and hand off to the account team
- Performs outbound renewal activities such as discovering and educating new stakeholders and renewals qualifications for existing customers
- Maintains accurate Renewal Health Detail through scheduled calls, follow-up emails and updates in Salesforce, Clari, and Gainsight
- Recognize and escalate difficult technical or business issues within Sales, Customer Support, and any other parts of organization, to work a solution which results in prompt sales closure and optimal customer satisfaction
Experience and skills you have:
- Multi year experience in renewals, account management, inside sales, or renewals operations
- Strong negotiation skills with experience driving contracts to completion on time
- Experience in quota carrying sales role with proven achievement
- An expert with contract negotiation and account management across a range of renewals sizes; from high velocity, low touch renewals to low velocity, high touch
- A proven track-record of meeting or exceeding renewal or quota attainment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication
- A passion for building relationships and solution outcomes with customers
- Have strong project management, organization skills and process management
- Own and drive the renewals process for customers in collaboration with the sales team to preserve ensure we hit company objectives
- Actively engage with key sales leaders and decision-makers to identify customer requirements and uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time renewals and retention goals
- Maintain and report an accurate rolling 12+ month forecast of renewals globally