Hello world! We’re Zuora
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4.5+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
We are looking for an Accountant for our Chennai office
Duties & Responsibilities
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Run payroll every month and should be aware about the Income tax, EPF, ESI, Gratuity and Professional tax calculations
- Provide accurate monthly TDS, Professional Tax and EPF reports from the payroll
- Calculate and assist with quarterly TDS and GST calculations and quarterly corporate income tax filing.
- Track and verify employee travel expenses and process expense reports
- Maintain a record of recurring expenses, track monthly vendor invoices, ensure timely invoice receipts, adhere to promptness in payment as per timelines and avoid delays
- Prepare analysis of accounts, track significant increase in recurring expenses, analyze the reasons and report to the management
- Should have thorough knowledge on Asset management, depreciation’s and tracking.
- Correspond with vendors and employees by providing respond to their respective inquiries
- Assist with every month end closing including accrual entries, prepaid entries and expense analysis.
- Ensuring all the statutory compliance’s like GST, EPF, TDS etc and identifying the timelines
- Supervise and review activities of accountant to ensure adherence to policy and procedures and recording of transactions are done in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles.
- Support finance team to Documentation of SOP
- Streamline or identify and recommend any process improvement
- Perform critical tasks as back-up for other staff in case of emergencies to ensure uninterrupted accounting operations
- Performs other function from time to time as directed by Finance and Administration Officer or other competent authority.
- Ability to function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team operating in multi-country environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and working independently
- Strong interpretive, numerical, financial and analytical skills
- Good written and spoken communication and presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Excellent Statutory Accounting experience
- Hands-on experience in Accounting software like Tally ERP or other major ERP systems is preferred.
- Advanced MS application skills particularly MS Excel which includes knowledge in using various formulae such as VLOOKUP’s and pivot table.
- Possess Accounting Post Graduation / Degree
- 5-7 years of general accounting experience
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.