Zuora – VP/CIO
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Zuora’s VP, Business Technology/CIO has overall responsibility for our Corporate information systems function and is responsible for the global information strategy and the role of technology as a business enabler. This is a highly collaborative and consultative role, blending technical vision with business acumen to drive efficient and scalable technical business solutions to our enterprise.
For this role, we are seeking a business-minded technology leader, experienced with establishing IT as a center of engineering excellence, and who is a proven change agent and can evolve Zuora's operating model as we scale from $300m to $1B.
- Establishes corporate strategy to determine the role of information technology and to establish the most efficient utilization of information technology and optimization of business processes.
- Ensures that information technology infrastructure provides the most accurate, current and secure information to the company to assist with decision making, resource deployment and establishment of business priorities.
- Responsible for overseeing all of the following functions: enterprise-wide business systems (e.g.Workday, Salesforce, NetSuite, etc.), information systems, application integration, computer operations, telecommunications, systems programming Servicedesk and internal security. .
- Oversees our own instance of Zuora Billing and Revenue (aka: Zuora-on-Zuora), ensuring our own experience is effective and efficient; feeds experience back into Product and Engineering to ensure enhancements are built into core products.
- Develops functional plans for managing information technology and security for the company, including activities to be performed in-house or through third-party relationships to best manage the company’s information systems.
- Actively involved as an executive deal sponsor and Zuora brand evangelist by cultivating a strong network of relationships and community of CIOs/VP of IT
- Contribute to externally facing assets and public relations as Zuora’s brand evangelist, representing Zuora’s Quote to Revenue implementation as the model day model for subscription businesses across the CIO community
- Partners with sales to showcase Zuora-on-Zuora with customers and prospects; speak at industry events
- Oversees the needs analysis, acquisition and maintenance of all information applications and equipment.
- Maintains privacy and compliance programs
- Manages total budget and expenditures for company-wide IT spend.
- Experience leading an enterprise-wide Business Technology/IT function at scale (e.g. $1B)
- Proven ability to drive change throughout an organization, and company.
- Ability to represent Zuora at external events and speaking engagements
- Proven ability to develop high-performing teams
- Experience building a diverse team and team-of-teams that work productively together, inspires others, ensures accountability, and effectively partners across the organization
- Ability to develop leaders and managers of managers – both motivating/empowering for top performance & making tough talent decisions.
- Experience leading in a fast paced and rapidly changing business environment.