Senior Software Engineer | San Mateo, CA, United States
Zuora is an enterprise software company and the world’s leader in subscription billing. As a Solutions Engineer, you will offer deep technical knowledge to help IT and business partners to create new technical capabilities. This includes the design, development, deployment, and integration of cloud-based applications. In support of these goals, you’ll also help define and build the team’s tool-kit of reusable architectural patterns, software, and support guidelines.
We don’t expect that you’re already a Zuora expert, but you should have a relevant background in software development, architecture, and deployment. The role can span a variety of levels of experience and skill backgrounds, but this is very much a hands-on design and development role, and you should expect to be continuously learning as Zuora evolves.
The Business Technology organization is responsible for all internal applications across the enterprise including Sales, Marketing, Services, Finance, HR, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering. This includes core systems spanning Salesforce, Zuora, NetSuite, FinancialForce, Marketo, Workday, websites, business intelligence, and beyond.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in an engineering role with a strong background in Node, Python, or similar.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-driven and able to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead collaborative decisions in a group.
- Direct experience in Agile software development lifecycles (SDLCs) such as Scrum, Kanban, or others.
- Demonstrated experience with source code management systems.
- 3 + years experience developing on Salesforce.com platform. Expert level skills in Apex Code, triggers, custom object development, SFDC APIs, Web services, VisualForce, SFDC Workflow designer.
- Deep understanding of the SFDC data model including objects, profiles, security, and data migration.
- Skilled and proficient in coding Apex, Triggers, SFDC APIs, Web Services, and VisualForce.
- Enthusiastic with a positive professional attitude that exhibits integrity, reliability, and leadership.
- Experience as a full-stack developer with web and database technologies, integration platforms, and REST / SOAP APIs.
- Deep knowledge of high-level enterprise business processes like Quote-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, Hire-to-Retire, Lead & Campaign Management, Subscription Billing, and Revenue Recognition.
- Strong understanding of enterprise SaaS solutions such as Marketo, Salesforce, Zuora, and NetSuite.
- Exposure to third party SFDC apps on Force.com platform.
- Experience in auditing, reporting, monitoring and integration with business applications.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Mentor & coach engineers in solution design, process reengineering, data analysis, integration, and implementation.
- Contribute to a strong engineering culture that delivers innovative solutions using best practices in security, DevOps, and engineering.
- Work on all phases of software development lifecycle including design, development, testing and production support.
- Design and develop Salesforce customizations and enhancements using APEX code, VisualForce pages, triggers, workflows, etc.
- Build integrations between various internal and external systems using platforms such as Mulesoft and Boomi.
- Work on data visualization for business analytics and intelligence using tools like Domo & Tableau.
- Improve system monitoring, logging and error handling using tools like Sumologic and ELK.
- Recommend and follow design and coding best practices, internal processes, and industry standards.
- Recommend and follow best practices in software development, process reengineering, data analysis, integration, and solution selection.
- Contribute as a strong hands-on technical member of the IT engineering team in building, enhancing and maintaining business solutions.