Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Denver, San Francisco, San Jose, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.
Client Manager, Enterprise East
The Client Manager is a senior individual contributor member of the professional services team. Reporting directly to the North America Enterprise East Practice Director, the Client Manager’s mission is to oversee a portfolio of Zuora’s Enterprise customers on the east coast beginning in the presales stage and through the completion of the Zuora Global Services engagement(s). The Client Manager is accountable for ensuring the solution implemented by the global services team meets the customer’s business objectives to ensure a sticky, long-term Zuora customer.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
Support pre-sales activities for assigned opportunities on behalf of Global Services management to position, present and sell Zuora’s products and services. Presales activities and deliverables will include:
- Scoping Process – Participating in and contribute to implementation scoping sessions (3-6 hours in 1-2 hour chunks)
- Estimation – Work with the scoping team to refine timeline and level of effort estimations
- Pricing Proposal – Present implementation scope & pricing proposal to the customer in tandem with the scoping team
- SOW Creation – Write the Statements of Work for qualified opportunities.
- Resource Requests – After SOW creation, create resource requests through our internal process and follow this through until SOW signature
- SOW Negotiation Support – Work closely under the advisement of the practice director to successfully negotiate a deal to close!
During the implementation of the Zuora solution, the Client Manager will engage in a limited fashion with key stakeholders at the customer, as well as the Zuora Delivery Manager, to guide the customer’s journey onto Zuora
- Relationships – Build and expand a network of key executive relationships throughout the account, including and up to the C-level
- Financial Performance – Responsible for managing the P&L for their portfolio of accounts
- Customer Satisfaction – Ensuring high customer satisfaction (measured today by NPS) and to grow the business with the customer by the adoption of Zuora’s solutions
- SI Partnerships – Drive close alignment between the System Integrator and Zuora on service relevant topics, where a larger SI is leading a transformation project
Key skills and Experience:
- Some prior experience in presales and building account expansion plans
- At least 10 years of leading delivery and customer relations experience. Program management experience (SCRUM, PMI, Prince2, MSP certification is a plus)
- In-depth knowledge and experience in implementing Enterprise software applications such as ERP, OSS/BSS, CRM
- Strong account management, client service and/or management consulting experience
- Manage several engagements concurrently, potentially between 8-10 engagements
- Strong problem-solving skills, customer focus and results orientation
- Able to effectively manage scope change within a project or program (And have tough conversations in a professional manner)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with C-level and executives
- Business-savvy, with experience of building, maintaining and nurturing stakeholder relationships with customers, partners and Zuora internal stakeholders
- Attention to detail, planning, problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Flexible, and able to operate effectively in an ambiguity
- Proficient in presenting technical concepts effectively to diverse stakeholder groups and to engage effectively with senior executives of large enterprises on both technical and business topics
- Has experience in managing sub-contractors and service partners
Basic Job Requirements:
- Experience working with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams and customer base with travel anticipated to be 25-50% of the time (typically 1-2 day trips for presales activities, project kickoffs, and or steering committee meetings)
- Pride and passion in your work
- A thirst for knowledge & success
- Attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity
- Action orientated and strong in execution.
Job title – Client Manager
Reporting to – Enterprise East Practice Director
Location – New York or Boston preferred.