CB Insights today named Zuora to the prestigious Fintech 250, a select group of emerging private companies working on groundbreaking financial technology. CB Insights CEO and co-founder, Anand Sanwal, revealed the Fintech 250 companies during The Future of Fintech, a gathering of the world’s largest financial institutions, best fintech startups, and most active venture investors.
“The financial services industry will see more change in the next 10 years than it has in the last 100. And that transformation is being driven by a group of smart insurgent startup companies. The Fintech 250 are the most promising of these insurgents. They are bringing emerging technologies and business models to financial services that will permanently change the way we handle money and do business,” said CB Insights CEO Anand Sanwal.
The CB Insights research team selected the Fintech 250 companies based on several factors including data submitted by the companies and the company’s Mosaic Score. The Mosaic Score, based on CB Insights’ National Science Foundation-funded algorithm, measures the overall health and growth potential of private companies. Through this evidence-based, statistically-driven approach, the Mosaic Score can help predict a company’s momentum, market health and financial viability.
Companies such as Affirms, Stripe, Robinhood, Acorns, Nav and Blue Vine joined Zuora in being recognized for their innovative technology in front of an audience of 1000 senior executives from around the world and news outlets including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, Reuters and Bloomberg.
Quick facts on the Fintech 250:
● These 250 emerging private companies have raised $14B across 240 deals in 2016.
● Applications of their technology include breakthroughs in insurance, lending, payments, human resources, real estate, and much more.
● More than 2,000 companies were nominated or applied for the Fintech 250 (only 8% were selected).
● Ribbit Capital has backed 17 of the Fintech 250 companies, while Andreesen Horowitz and Goldman Sachs backed 9.
● Twenty-three Fintech 250 companies have reached a valuation of $1B or more.
● 23 countries are represented among the Fintech 250 companies.
Read the full list here.
Learn more about Zuora Central, the world’s only subscription order-to-cash platform.